It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
(female)

duff19 HB User
Anyone else have obsessions like this...

Does anyone else have obsessions when they are eating foods? Like when I am eating something that has different colors I eat them color by color. Like skittles or something. Does anyone else do anything weird when eating? Have any habits that they do or anything. Alot of people think its so weird that I do that and Id love to hear what other people do if they do, so I wont feel so alone on this or something. Anyone else?!

I also like to eat them in even numbers..I dunno..

Old 01-10-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: Anyone else have obsessions like this...

Yeah, I do that! But, it's not obsessional- just compulsive. Like, I don't have an obsession that someone will die if I don't do it, or anything. However, if you want a prime example of compulsive eating, you can use me: I literally took the same lunch every single day from kindergarten to 12th grade (with very few changes- tuna sandwich, pickle, and juice box were always the same), and I ate it in the exact same order. Ooh, was I mad if we were out of something and my order got messed up!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

jen_thomson HB User

yep, yep, yep...not only with what I eat, but the way it is arranged on the plate....

Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
(male)

Dogbone HB User

I have to have the piece of fish or meat on the right hand side of the plate, if it isn't I turn the plate before I start. I also can't leave any piece smaller than a grain of rice on my plate. I feel sorry for the poor little things if I do : /

Old 01-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
(female)

daftthing HB User

I can relate ..... I have to eat in certain orders depending on what I am eating. And I have to make sure to have "good" amounts and eat a "good" number of mouthfulls etc.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User

if i get a coloured candy, i spreadit out,a nd sort into color piles, and count it out, say red has 7 green has 3 and the rest have 2.. i eat 4 of the red, then one of the green, and one of teh red, and one of the green, then, once terhey all even, i eat the one i like the least first, and the one i like the most last, and i repeat that and theyre all gone.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

CrystaCarolyn HB User

I only let myself eat once every twenty four hours, at 12:30 AM right before I go to bed and I have to eat the same things and the exact same amount and in the exact same order, so yeah, I have obsessions and rituals related to food and I do have OCD and doctors say I also have anorexia.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #8
(female)

Finding Pammie HB User
Talking Re: Anyone else have obsessions like this...

Yes...Yes...Yes.. I agree with Jen Thomson and Gatsbyluvr1920!!I am the same way! Every morning i eat one lowfat poptart and a lowfat oatmeal pie and one cup of coffee!! It NEVER changes. Thanks for listening! Finding Pammie

Last edited by Finding Pammie; 04-14-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
(female)

1CONFUZEDMOMMA HB User
Question Re: Anyone else have obsessions like this...

Ok I will pick at everything. I have to examine it to where it doesnt even look like food anymore- I am very picky too with the way I eatit. For example I go to the same McDonalds everym morning-I order the same thing everytime. #4 combo-Ham and biscuit, hashbrowns and a med coke. I drive out and eat the hashbrown first and then when I get to work pull the ham off and eat it pulling it piece by piece off never cramming it in. then i will eat the biscuit with 2 packs of grape jelly-this is everyday even on the weekends
When I eat dinner at home it is the same way I am so particular to the way things are I think my fiance isnt really sure how to handle me sometimes, he just sits and stares at me cause he knows if he messes with me I will eventually "go off " at him and he tries to avoid that>
So I would say I proably am developing some kind of ocd!!!
Anyone have any feedbacK???

Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #10
(female)

dragon81 HB User

i think i've got a problem with food too. none of the food on the plate can touch any of the other food on the plate, or i won't eat it. everything has to be eaten in a specific, timed order - i used to get teased in school for checking my watch throughout the course of eating lunch. and i'm constantly worried about eating rotten food/food gone bad, its sort of a paranoia.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
(female)

AmateurStepmom HB User
Cool Re: Anyone else have obsessions like this...

Aside from eating things in order by color or numbers etc. My favorite is to get a piece of candy or cookies and eat it piece by piece. For example, with Twix - I peel all the chocolate off with my teeth and tongue and eat it first. then I eat the caramel, making sure to get all of it out of the little holes in the cookie bars. and then I eat the cookie part. My fiance can eat two packs of twix before I finish one bar.
I also cannot eat any seafood/ meat/ poultry etc thats shaped like what its suppose to be. I don't eat crabs, shrimp, squid, or roasted pigs. If it looks like an animal I can't eat it. Though the perfectly sane side of me knows that the meat comes from those animals anyway.
And with french fries, I have to put a strip of ketchip all the way down them. I never "dip" them.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 AM   #12

BigBillie HB User

I chew once on the right, once on the left 3 times or I might choke on the food. If i do it wrong I'm not allowed to swallow it. Except white ice-cream, which I wont choke on. But I cant have coconut ice-ceam because I am allergic.

Closed Thread