It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #1

Pattt HB User
Question Anyone taking Cymbalta for OCD

After being off all meds for several months, my husband was just seen by a neuropsychologist while in the hospital recently. His neurologist put him on Cymbalta for nerve ending pain, and the psychologist reccomended that he stay on that drug for his anxiety & OCD, along with Xanax that he has takend for a very long time. However, several months ago I questioned my psychiatrist about the use of Cymbalta for OCD, and I'm thinking she told me it was not used to treat OCD. Anyone currently on the Cymbalta? I don't know if it treats OCD or not, but my husband was laughing again only after 2-3 days of being on the Cymbalta. That made me hopeful! I understand the side effects are less than with some of the other drugs.

Thanks!

Anna

The following user gives a hug of support to Pattt:
microtyger1 (12-26-2011)
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Re: Anyone taking Cymbalta for OCD

Cymbalta is not for treating OCD. However, Eli Lilly is currently working on another version of Cymbalta that will help OCD patients. I have OCD, Depression, etc. and am taking Cymbalta 60 Mg. It's not helping my OCD all. I'm also taking Valium to help with the anxiety that my OCD causes. Cymbalta is also supposed to help with pain. I am currently trying to recover from a work related accident. I am suffering terrible pain in my left neck & shoulder. Cymbalta is supposed to help, but I don't think it is. I can't wait to upgrade to the new Cymbalta when ever it comes available. Hopefully it can cover everything I need it for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
(male)

dgold HB User
Re: Anyone taking Cymbalta for OCD

another version of cymbalta for OCD patients.... Any links... I am curious about this.

Cymbalta hits alot of norepinephrine receptors so it does not do alot for OCD.
It does hit serontonin but nothing like the SSRI's

People who are very senstive to SSRI may benefit from drugs like Cymbalta and effexor.

Closed Thread