It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
(male)

Waffles77 HB User
Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effects

Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effects

I have OCD / Depression but was managing it through CBT on my own + Bodybuilding and Diet.

Sometimes it got worse , sometimes ok. But never solved.

So i got a prescription for Luvox to solve the OCD and Depression to help me achieve my goals in Diet and BodyBuilding.

So far, HORRIBLE!! Day 1 Luvox 50mg, SLEPT NOTHING at night. This Sedative Made me sedated BUT PREVENTED me to fall asleep! Secondly, i'm getting frequent urination! Lost alot of weight = MUSCLE + WATER badddd

Face Twitch, hEadach, I stare at something and i get locked into it weird as hell, Boners, Orgasm, Weight Loss , Insomnia. Where the hell are the benefits.

not to mention Anxiety increase, OCd increase etc..

I took it in morning the next time, on day 3, and i was anxious during the day and sometimes sedated, ocd increased etc.. then i decided to quit it.

So tell me something, *** is this drug doing other than making my life miserable!!!!!!!!! Do these side effects subside! Insomnia= big no no, Weight Loss = BIG NO NO

I already got HUGE FEARS , self conciousness of looking too skinny or too fat. And this luvox crap make me lose water like crazy making me look like a freak.

my family said, to stop the med, its making me worse and i stopped it. now im better.

Anyone help.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

givemeadvice HB User
Re: Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effects

well you did not give the med much time to even start to work. You are supose to give a fair trial

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

Waffles77 HB User
Re: Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effe

Is it my fault i went down from 193lb to 185lb on a 6'2 frame on 2 days of luvox. Mostly Water / Muscle loss, causing me enormous anxiety, me trying to keep my mass is losing it quick.

Getting no sleep, more muscle loss, my family commenting i look thin and are worried, giving me more anxiety and depression.

Does the Weight Loss (frequent urination / taking dumps) stop after a week? Does the FAce Twitch ? Or me starring at the wall , stop??

Should i downgrade my dose to 25mg , break pill in 2 , and take it in morning and try it for a week or 2.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
(male)

Waffles77 HB User
Re: Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effects

so you are telling me these are SIDE EFFECTS, the insomnia , weight loss, face twitch, starring at the wall, jaw weirdness, zombie look, sedation, depression, boredom, all these things are NOT the " benefits" they are side effects? How are we supposed to know where the benefits are when overwhelmed by all other things? To know if its working or not.
So i should slash the dose to half of it, 50mg luvox is starting dose, i should break it in 2? make it 25mg?

Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
(male)

Waffles77 HB User

One of my main fears is To look Thin, or too fat, that causes me major anxiety. Luvox making me thin didnt help the case, made me feel like ****, and overate like a nutcase and still lost weight.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
(male)

Waffles77 HB User
Re: Help With Luvox! I was Prescribed Luvox and quit it after 2 days due to side effe

Should i switch to Prozac? Or another SSRI? maybe luvox is crap?

I have OCD / Depression / Social Anxiety , All caused due to PHysical Appearance Anxiety.

Too much fat, not enough muscle, fat making me look ugly. I weight 190lb on 6'2 Frame.

Let me know...

Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
(male)

Waffles77 HB User

Also Luvox makes me NERVOUS/ANXIOUS , skyrocketting OCD to new levels.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #8
(female)

octoberbride HB User

I've been on Luvox for about a week. Just increased to 50 mg per night. I am having trouble sleeping but have take Lunesta so I sleep. I may try taking Luvox in the a.m. to see if that helps.

I did feel weird the first few days - anxious, jittery. If you drink caffeine, that makes the jittery feeling worse and it borders some nausea. I was expecting side effects the first few days and am just riding them out. These drugs take time.

My OCD (I have obsessive thoughts) seems to be improving already - Im just waiting for my body to get used to the Luvox. I have heard so many good things about Luvox but have also been told to be patient with the initial side effects.

I would just ride it out if you can - or call you dr. and tell him/her what's going on.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #9
(male)

Waffles77 HB User

Is luvox giving you Weight Loss? I'm eating like crazy to prevent weight loss.

Is there a med to take to prevent diareah , urination that is unsual.

So far only benefits from luvox is increased libido, and sex drive. Where it was dead before.

It causes insomnia, so i take it in morning.

I know someone who said he lost 33lb on luvox in 1 month and also had diahearah 29 times in 1 single day before getting rushed to the hospital.

I hope the diahearah will stop !!!! Weight loss to stop!! i really hope so, because right now i cut the pill in half and its at 25mg, and im gonna stick with 25mg and see if after 1 week diahearh stops and insomnia. if it gets worse like this guy says, then i will quit it

and move to a weight gaining SSRI like paxil. I was told luvox made u gain weight, but it didnt.

I weight 192lb on 6'2 Frame , i get terrible fear of going under 190lb, i wanna go up to 210lb like i used to be.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
(male)

Waffles77 HB User

Is luvox the cleanest SSRI?

Is luvox effective on depression and OCD as well? or only OCD.

Does the Weight Loss from Luvox (massive urination). stop???

Old 04-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi there, I hope I can offer you some encouraging words. I suffer from anxiety/depression and apparantly OCD as well. One of my biggest fears is taking medication and their side effects. It took my doc a month to get me to take my original meds I was on and almost that long to start the Luvox. I started off at 50 mg a night ( been on them now for 9 days ) then went up to 100 mg last night. I have had a few minor side effects eg headaches, weird aches and pains and some minor nausea. I hate side effects, but have decided to listen to my doctor. These are all side effects that do pass normally within in a few weeks and if it means I will start to feel half normal again then I can cope with these temporary things. I do feel for you especially seeings that one of your anxieties is your appearance I know its so so hard not to worry, but honestly you have to try. My doctor almost begged me to give this medication a chance and I have decided to do just that ! I think your worry is probably causing the diaereah etc more than the Luvox itself. Worry and anxiety can also cause all of the symptoms you seem to have. Also if you are eating heaps more than normal that too could be causing the frequent urination and diareah... Makes sense right ????

Last edited by haleysmum; 04-18-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #12
Inactive

visions HB User

waffels,

Who is prescribing your psych meds? Are you seeing a PCP or a Psychiatrist. With everything you are suffering from you need to be working with a psychiatrist who is better educated and experienced in these meds. Perhaps you are. You have not mentioned that you have talked to your doctor about these side effects. Have you, what have they told you? If not, that is the very first thing you need to do.

There are some side effects that could be dangerous and cause for discontinuation, such a depression causing suicidal thoughts. While it sounds like your symptoms are very bothersome to you, you doctor will tell you, some of the initial side effects you can get when you first go on these meds, will subside if you can stick it out. Others may not.

You may need something for anxiety or even depression. Have you been referred for OCD treatment, ERP with a trained CBT? It also sounds like, from what you have mentioned you may have some other things going on as well, BDD for one. You really need to get a proper evaluation from a professional so a proper treatment plan and meds can be put into place for you.

Unfortunetly, these meds are trial and error, but know that with the SSRI's for OCD, they usually need to be taken at the top dose and it can take 10-12 weeks before they start working, so if you stop them before then, you will never know if they might have worked. If side effects are too bothersome for you, you need to talk to your psychiatrist about trying one of the other OCD meds. Some try all of them before they find one that works for them.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread