It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

HampshireChappy HB User
Have I got OCD?

Over the past few months I have started getting these thoughts that i ometimes cant control. they can be anything, thing i dont wanna say on here but thought that sort of scare me or things that i wud hate to happen, etc. also, i sometimes get thoughts that dont make sense, i sit or stand there thinking things like what am i doin here, thoughts about dying and family dying and what i wat doif anything happened to them or me, thoughts about after-life and if there is one, etc. it can be really scarey sometimes and sometimes i just cant control these thoughts and freak out, can even cause really fast heart beats and heart pupiltations.

Ive been down the docs a couple of times recently a i have been very jumpy and nervous and he says i am anxious and that something must be causing me to be stressed, but the only thing i am ever stressed about is not bein able to get a job and having no money, something i hope will turn around soon. i am also diabetic which doesnt help matters.

cud i have some sort of mental problem? am i losing my mind or just stressed? i am quite bored some of the time and can be alone quite a bit, but on the other hand i do have company and friends. even wen im with friends the uncontrolable thoughts can happen. i get regular excersise and feel i am quite fit and healthy.

Please help, i dont think i can handle anymore health problems, its getting too much to cope with! ive got so many health problems im wondering if i'll be lucky to make it to 45.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
Re: Have I got OCD?

I know exactly how you feel. I get thoughts like yours, always thinking the worst that could happen.

It is understandable that being without a job and money is a major stress, and it's apparent that this is the cause of your anxiety. I know that diabetes can make a person anxious, because my grandfather was diabetic.

Regular exercise is very good because it releases endorphins which are known to aid relaxation.

Have you talked to a friend about this?

Good luck.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:27 AM   #3
(male)

HampshireChappy HB User

Yes i think ur right about all my current problems probably leading to me getting a bit down and perhaps causing my negative thoughts. i dont feel as if i can talk to my friends about it, even my girlfriend, i dont really want them worrying about me being a bit metally unstable. i'll continue to excercise and apply for jobs and hopefully something may happen good for me.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

It is really hard to talk to friends about it, you either worry they will laugh at you, or run a mile. I suppose it depends how close the friend is. Thats why message boards like this exist, so that people can let out the thoughts and worries to anomynous people, without worrying about being judged. Surely your girlfriend would be understanding?

Old 02-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
(male)

HampshireChappy HB User

Yer my girlfriend wud be understanding about it, just dont want to worry her with more of my problems.

i prefer to come on here and talk about it. hope i dont need drugs to get rid of the problem.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi there, I know EXACTLY what you are going through I too am diabetic and since November of last year have suffered from panic attacks depression and recently been told I have OCD I too was like you and didnt want to take even more drugs to help cure me. I already take diabetic tablets and blood pressure medication. But I have 2 small children to care for and I got to the point where I just had to start taking medication. I am still in the early days of trial and error. Still have bad days but nothing compared to what they were late last year. If you ever want to chat I am here. Like I said I know what you are going through when it comes to fears about your health and diabeties

Old 04-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
Inactive

visions HB User

You need to see a mental health professional who can do a proper assessment of your symptoms and do the proper evaluations in order to come up with a correct diagnosis for you. Once you have a proper diagnosis, then a proper treatment plan can be put into place for you.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread