It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Red face everybody does this right?

Ive posted before, but then things got better, theyre still good, i dunno, ive lost sense of scale really, im bored outta my mind, but everything is soooo boring.

i have no little compulsion at the mo(i never had major probelms, just liked closing doors and stuff a tiny bit, but it never took over my day, or even interfeared). but i wanna find out if just everyone does this.

you meet someone, you see a movie, you hear a song. this person, movie or whatever it is, you think about it all the time, constantly, you day dream during whatever your doing about it, you make stuff up surrounding it, invent non existant fanstsy freindships with these people ,stupid stories in your head that will never or couldnt ever be even physcially possible.these people are picked for no reason-they just stand out to you, you dont pick them it just happens, you think of them all day, what they are doing, you find them fascinating and want to know them. you play them over and over, you enjoy them although there is nothing sexual about them at all,you change and alter them too.it doesnt stop you going out, you just prefer to eb alone with your day dreams some days, when something needs done you eventually do it, you just prefer free to time to'think'-ie. day dream. this goes on and one for sometimes weeks, sometimes it carries on till the person or whatever it is, is out of your life. are these obbsesions-symptoms of pure OCD.

i was just wondering cos sometimes i feel werid. most of the time they are good obbssessions-other times its stories of how everyone is dead, i see them dying or the worst possible life scenarios happening. they go over and over until the idea has just burnt out, its done and thats it.

i also want to know, is it strange to listen to a song over and over again constantly till you just arnt interested anymore. i pick apart and analyse the songs, change them and fit them to daydreams even(is that nuts). its just once my freind commented that i get obbsessed with something i like, for example i get obbsessed with tv shows or characters and my head is taken over. i day dream and all that about it, but spend hours on the net getting pictures, finding out the same info on every fan site there is, then i loose the obbsesion when its worn out. also, songs i can listen to for hours just constantly, its totally normal for me to listen to the same song 15-20 times in a row.but does everyone not do this. just some other facts-i occasionally get the oddd intrusive image or thought, straneg things stick out to me, even if i know its wrong i will do something even if i can see ill be in trouble i just go for it. also, i obbsess and spend the day thinking about depression and illness, thinking what symptoms i match, but i do match a few-maybe this keeps me depressed? could this be pure O please help, i really wana know is this what goes on inside everyones head?it doesnt really induce anxiety to me much, well i dont really know i have no concept of how to tell. thanx xox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: everybody does this right?

pucca chick- If I recall correctly, you've been on the autism board inquiring about Asperger's. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I do all of the things you mentioned because of my Asperger's- it's "special interests," or areas where you get really obsessed over, need to research, and constantly want to talk about. The OCD comes into play with the thoughts that make you anxious, guilty, and/or depressed. These Asperger's-esque symptoms are prevalent when the obsessions make you truly happy. The "special interests" can still be a problem, though, because they, too, can take over your life (I have days where I simply can't do any homework because all I can think about is needing to pursue one of my obsessions), but they are strikingly different than OCD obsessions. I have both OCD and Asperger's, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck, and God bless!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Talking Re: everybody does this right?

hey, thanx for replying! yea i have posted before on the autisim boards about aspergers. i didnt know that aspergers was connected when you enjoy your obbsessions-i really do, sometimes i think too much. i do hide how much i talk about it cos i am aware of how others get board, i talk to those who listen. but mostly i talk and repeat it in my head.

i think you have a valid point about aspergers being looked into, its just ive read up the symptoms, and there are alot i dont have,i think i can make eye contact-although people tell me i talk to those i dont know while looking at the floor,but im unaware i do this. i am shy, constantly aware of what others are thinking and i prepare most things i go to say, or i go the opposite and just say whatever comes into my head-which can be confusing and embarressing.

i dont mind being hugged by those i know, it just takes a while. im never off my mom and dad lol.

i do have difficulty making freinds, im shy, it takes a while and sometimes i just dont know what to say, i dont understand how they see me, if im doing it right if you know what i mean.but im very very insightful-too insightful and concerned with others emotions, i thuink of every angle, even angles that dont exist.but one thing i cant do is express my own-i cannot say 'i love you-its just hard.

i have a vivid imagination, sometimes i get too engrossed-its usually related to an obbsession.

i was shy and timid as a child in skool,at home i was a nightmare. i was in detention alot for not paying attention, i was behind in work and was known as a daydreamer.

after my description-what do you think. i know somthing isnt right, i just dont know what. any ideas?? xox

Closed Thread