It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

believeinme HB User
Lightbulb Is Paranoia A Symptom Of OCD?

Hey guys, i was just wondering if there were any of you that seem to experience extreme paranoia. I am more paranoid that I would like to think! If the same car is behind me for like a mile i start freaking out and think that they are following me. Also, I have never told anyone this before, but I always feel like someone is watching me. and i mean ALWAYS. like always looking through my window, or sitting beside me in the car, or even watching me go to the bathroom. I feel like I'm in the Truman Show if any of you have ever seen that, where Jim Carrey's whole life is being shown on TV 24 hours a day. that's what i feel like. I didn't know if it was part of OCD, i guess it is some form of anxiety though. I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this and if they think OCD medication would help stop it

Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

hislove4me HB User
Re: Is Paranoia A Symptom Of OCD?

Hi there!
Yes paranoia is a symptom of anxiety and OCD. I deal with OC paranoia as well and anxiety. I was diagnosed 6 years ago and have been on medications to help the anxiety and compulsions. Let it be said that NO medicine can fully take away your obsessions and compulsions, what they do is help to alleviate such thoughts and actions. You have to practice behavior modification to get a handle on your thoughts. After 6 years of being on medication I still have times when I get very very paranoid and then begins the compulsions. Lexapro is my current medication and I don't have anything bad to say about it. It helps you to feel normal and able to deal with the irrational thoughts that pop into your mind for no good reason. Talk to your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
(female)

kirkey HB User

I ALWAYS think someone is watching me. I have thought this since childhood. I have thought many times about the Truman Show also.
I took Zoloft for a long time for anxiety/depresstion. It seemed to work somewhat well. I am now on Wellbutrin, and my paranoid thoughts are getting out of control. I have heard good things about Lexapro. I have been trying to be very honest with my doctors and tell them exactly what I am thinking so they can give me the best medication. It is hard because sometimes it is hard to admit that you are THAT paranoid.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

believeinme HB User

I think that is the worst part of the whole OCD/paranoia thing. all of those things. the thing i hate the most is that i dont want to tell someone how im feeling cause it makes me feel completely stupid and.. i dont know, uncontrolled? I dont know the right word for it. Like I should be able to stop everything on my own. I dont want to tell anyone about my obsessions or compulsions(especially the ones ive had since i was little because those are the silliest) and how paranoid i am. I guess I dont want them to think bad of me.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
(male)

kobeck HB User

I have the same thing. Sometimes I think the police or FBI are wathing me outside my house. Dont misunderstand, I have not done anything wrong and lead an honest life. I think its more like a fear of being wrongly accused of something. but if I drive home and notice someone sitting in a car on my street I start immagining all sorts of things. I sometimes spend hours peering from behind the curtains to see until the car leaves.
I am on Celexa which has helped alot

Old 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
(female)

daftthing HB User

I definately experience this. It's hard to talk about though.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
(male)

kobeck HB User

Dafting:
what do you experience exactly?

Old 11-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
(male)

Bordism HB User

Hi there, I'm 17 i experience this alot. Specially when im at collage, if my friends laugh i allways ask them wat they are laughing at, i constantly think they are laughing at me. and if they have a conversation i ALLWAYS think its about me, and if i catch eye contact with someone i think there is something wrong with the way i look or something. my friends have picked up on this and allways tell me im so paranoid. I also get the thing where i think people are watching me through the window, when i dress usually and just in general when im at collage i allways think people are looking at me. I'm really self concious too, about my appearance. i never feel good about myself, and the way i look.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #9
(female)

daftthing HB User

kobeck: I find it hard to walk alone, and I definately can't walk at night alone. I swear I hear footsteps that aren't there, and I also worry that anyone of the people walking nearby are going to whip out a knife or a gun and use it on me. I also worry someone will set my hair on fire ..... I have no idea where this comes from.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
(female)

faithgirl HB User

I have the paranoid thing to, especially the being accused of being or doing something horrible to someone or something, it is terrifying, I always want reassurance and uncertainity is the worst, I need to know how everything will workout, I have OCD, on celexa which helps and do worry time, something i was taught by my councellor as well as postponing my thoughts for as long as i can....I use a book to do therapy that I was taught with a councellor. but being in a OCD "rut" as I put it makes me foget all that I should be doing. I am glad to have found this message board, it is nice to know you are not alone, everyones tendencies, worrie, compulsions are a bit different but all in all oCD is horrible.

Closed Thread