It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

tileguy HB User
Hypnosis and OCD

I was curious if anyone has tried hypnosis in therapy. My therapist has recommended it and I am going to try it out. Anybody have any experience or thoughts related to this?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Re: Hypnosis and OCD

No, but good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

my2babies HB User

You should try it! I was thinking about doing it myself. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
(male)

farman HB User

hello everyone!,

I tried my 1st session a while back and never had such breakthroughs with any type of therapy before. Things from my past that I didn't even associate with ocd floated to the surface in a matter of 20 minutes. It wasn't what I thought it would be like. You don't fall under someone else's control. You just enter a very relaxed state and from that state allow the sordid past to fall from the sky, heal it, and let it go. For almost 2 hours after my 1st session, I was in a very calm and relaxed state. To be honest, I felt drugged. I wasn't able to attend anymore sessions due to my location and financial situation. I intend wholeheartedly to have more sessions. Hope this helps...

Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
(female)

rumor2121 HB User

Just wondering if it will help! isnt it hereditry? rumor

Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
(male)

farman HB User

I believe that the condition is heriditary and future treatment will deal with that issue. Somehow, I feel that some type of neurotransmitter in us is malfunctioning. Maybe one not completely discovered yet. Medications work 100% for some people on this forum and less than 100% in others. I fall within the less than 100%. Our medications can help re-align our bodies and take some of the edge off.

But our very own minds can help us in our recovery too. There are very strong proponents of meditation on this forum. Lab results and pet scans have shown that prolonged meditation will actually result in physiological changes in the brain. So I'm trying that also. After a bad day, I have found cardiovasucular exercise to help me feel better. Some here are strong proponents of journaling and talking through and investigating their thoughts. This forum is helping me find things that so far medication hasn't. In the future, I think medication will. But for now, other things are helping people just as much, if not more, than medication.

Hypnosis was a very powerful experience for me. It probably must deal with some subtle area of the brain that regular therapy doesn't touch. For some, it may help...and I hope it does. We all are finding ways to help us get better. I feel that our original illness came from our genes. That doesn't mean that meditation or hypnotherapy can't alter or change that physiological condition...or at least, provide some relief. Does this help any?

Last edited by farman; 01-11-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarification

Closed Thread