Well, in the past alot of people have employed many different methods to cure OCD. Some have excorcisms, (as silly as that sounds, I've seen it done)some go through hypnosis, others go through ECT, but most people see a cognitive behavioral specialist and use medication in conjunction with that good therapy. Right now, that's the most effective way to battle OCD.
There have been many studies done on the effectiveness of hypnotism on everything from smoking to phobias, and unfortunately the jury is still out on whether or not hypnotism works. I suppose if you want to try it, it can't hurt.
Some other members have had some very useful tactics to battle the symptoms of OCD, and these are some of the ones I like to employ:
1. Distractions like listening to music or playing video games.
2. Meditation is very helpful.
3. Reading a book.
4. Deep breathing and relaxation.
5. Vigorous excercise like biking, hiking, or even a brisk walk.
6. Writing in a journal.
7. Self talk. (ie. I can win, I can battle my OCD, OCD is just thoughts,
thoughts cannot hurt me.)
8. Seeing a good cognitive behavioral specialist to talk about different
strategies that will work best for your OCD.
9. Light amounts of different SSRI medications.
10.Talking to others that have OCD.
Hope this helps!