It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

mycutepup HB User
talking too much

I have ocd and I talk too much. Most of the things I say need not be said or don't make sense but I have this urge to talk all the time. I also sometime talk about my private life that I should not have. Please tell me how to stop this ugly behaviour, people don't want to be around me because I talk too much.

Last edited by mycutepup; 09-11-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

LadyVeteran HB User
Thumbs up Re: talking too much

You are not alone in this. It has taken me a long time to learn to listen. and stop my one-side conversation. (still have problems). I'm trying now to expand my knowledge on topics that are important to others. To get them to respond with their View. The more I learn and know about those around me the less insecurity. Less I talk. Office talk -check about worker rights. workroom rules Union contracts etc. being Open minded is the key. Topics to avoid
religion, politics and baseball (unless you are all for the same team ).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User
Re: talking too much

I've had this problem too. Afterwards I always feel so bad about all the talking I did. I also have ADD, which I thought was the main cause of the talking problem.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
(male)

fastfwd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycutepup View Post
I have ocd and I talk too much. Most of the things I say need not be said or don't make sense but I have this urge to talk all the time. I also sometime talk about my private life that I should not have. Please tell me how to stop this ugly behaviour, people don't want to be around me because I talk too much.
Maybe your narcissistic & want to be noticed.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Has this talking too much been "identified" as an OCD symptom? (I mean, by your doctor etc). Or, amybe I should ask: Does it feel like an OCD thing to you (like, you feel anxiety if you don't say those things, you feel it's compulsive?)
Because as others have implied, talking too much can be a symptom of many other thigns too. I am especially also thinking of (hypo)mania in bipolar disorder.
Not saying that's what you have, don't worry!! Just thinking out aloud I guess.

Kathrin

Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
(female)

arialimes HB User

I have the opposite problem. I freeze up and don't say anything at all!

Closed Thread