It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

cardner123 HB User
new and wandering if anyone is like me

Does anyone else have this type of ocd and can tell me if they have had any luck controlling it. I worry all the time about irration things like the dead coming back to life or someone breaking in to my house all the way down to what if i trip when i walk to the bathroom at work. These things fly into my head constantly and i have to think of a plan as to what i would do if it happens. i spend 70 percent of my day planning, constant planning for events that are not going to happen but i cant stop. if i dont make a plan for what pops in my head it wont go away and i get even more anxious. I spend so much time planning for these things that are not going to happen that i dont plan for simple things like paying my bills. i am in counseling but she seems to be having a problem helping me find ways to control this.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
(male)

gchild HB User
Re: new and wandering if anyone is like me

It sounds like OCD to me from what I've read on the subject. You have to learn to start to separate your random thoughts and feelings on them (easier said than done i know! I've been trying some of this method for intrusive thoughts that I get at times) start labeling them as just thoughts and let them go instead of acting on them (which is the compulsive portion of the disease) CBT therapy works on some of this, maybe your counselor can introduce you to some techniques.

gchild

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread