It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

Lila Anne HB User
Unhappy OCD about stuffed animals

It seems like once I get over one thing I'm obsessing nervously over another comes into my life out of nowhere. I just wake up worrying and obsessing about it. Is anyone else like this and how do you make it stop? Here is the current thing that's bothering me and it has been bothering me for almost a week almost constantly. There isn't an hour it doesn't cross my mind and make me worry and irritated.. my dad gave my cousin (who is a brat) one of my stuffed animals sometime in the last 3 or 4 years. I don't remember all the details of where or what it was. I just remember it was one of my stuffed animals that I liked. I'm worried that she ruined it or lost it or something, but if I would have kept it it would still be in good condition and it might now be a favorite stuffed animal of mine. (I carry around stuffed animals with me constantly and have been doing this for about a year. I think of them as my best friends who have feelings because I have no human friends outside of family.. I have aspergers and social anxiety by the way) So should I try to get it back, but first find out what it was? (I don't know how to find out, but I keep trying to think back to that moment and remember and its driving my crazy) Once I get my mind off of it, it always comes back to it within the hour. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to tell myself, what to do, or if anyone can relate to this at all and what I should do because I really can't focus on anything else right now. I wish I could make it stop but I don't know where to start so any advice I would love and the only way I know how to cope is to talk about it. So help please.
-Lila

Last edited by Lila Anne; 03-11-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread