It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
(female)

aliya77 HB User
natural remedies that helped

i got a lot better using some natural remedies for my OCD: i used st. john's wort, passion flower and valerian, and E-EPA fish oil with some vitamins (zinc and magnesium). i also got reflexology treatments and bach flower remedies helped me immensely (white chestnut for repetitive unwanted thoughts that won't go away, cherry plum for fear of going crazy, doing something horrible you don't want to do, fear of losing control and agrimony for deep anxiety. you can get bach flower remedies from health food shops.). maybe this could help someone, who feels really hopeless. don't give up! there are lots of herbal/vitamin remedies on market ( i just googled for natural remedies for OCD) that included remedies called amoryn, mindsoothe, purecalm and so on, i didn't use any of them, but reading the testimonials, there were many from previous ocd sufferers, who got help from the products, i don't know if they could help you, too. i know the pain and panic, and i pray you all get better and get relief from this painful disorder.

god bless.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
(male)

garylovesnadja HB User
Re: natural remedies that helped

You are right on target with the Bach flower remedies. I would also add Rock Rose for panic, and Sweet Chestnut for feeling like you're being destroyed and there's no way out. Also, L-Tryptophan (an amino acid) is available again in health food stores, and it is famous for boosting serotonin levels and is a wonderful sleep aid. And as I've mentioned before, powdered Inositol at mega dosages (between 6 & 18 grams per day.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #3
(female)

aliya77 HB User

hey again,

i forgot to mention i also went for the gluten-free diet, which helped me a lot (i start feeling worse after ingesting gluten, so i try to avoid it as much as possible), and just keep googling, you'll find lots of wonderful testimonials about orthomolecular medicine and herbal remedies, and maybe that could give you hope that you too can get better. take care and god bless!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
(female)

aliya77 HB User

thanks garylovesnadja for your reply, those are definently excellent recommendations for ocd as well, i just remembered that also scleranthus and cerato have been really helpful for my ocd when there's been "whether or not"-types of indecisive thoughts, always going back and forth, never making up your mind and being terrorized by the thought of two or more choices and when you feel like you can't come to a conclusion.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
(female)

georgi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliya77 View Post
i got a lot better using some natural remedies for my OCD: i used st. john's wort, passion flower and valerian, and E-EPA fish oil with some vitamins (zinc and magnesium). i also got reflexology treatments and bach flower remedies helped me immensely (white chestnut for repetitive unwanted thoughts that won't go away, cherry plum for fear of going crazy, doing something horrible you don't want to do, fear of losing control and agrimony for deep anxiety. you can get bach flower remedies from health food shops.). maybe this could help someone, who feels really hopeless. don't give up! there are lots of herbal/vitamin remedies on market ( i just googled for natural remedies for OCD) that included remedies called amoryn, mindsoothe, purecalm and so on, i didn't use any of them, but reading the testimonials, there were many from previous ocd sufferers, who got help from the products, i don't know if they could help you, too. i know the pain and panic, and i pray you all get better and get relief from this painful disorder.

god bless.

That is very interesting and worth a try. I was wondering if "just because they are from a health food store" are they safe to take all together? Sure wish that they came in one time release pill. LOL
Thanks for the info.
georgi

Closed Thread