It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

Gromet HB User
Unhappy I just realised I have OCD. Help!!!

After reading a few threads on this website i think i have just diognosed myslef with OCD, am i right? I constantly have terrible thoughts about doing stuff which i would'nt dream of telling half of it. I have always been a bit weird.

This is the first time i have talked about this. I am now 27 and have uncontrolable thoughts which are pretty much repetative allday from the moment i wake up. I wish so badly that i could fall asleep and never wake. Many of the thoughts are what i have heard or seen through out my life from either something someone has said or done or something i have seen.

I would never in a million years carry out or want to say any of the things i think, but i just cant stop them from going over and over in my head, i am obsessed with certain horrible thoughts and it's driving me crazy. I have recently lost my job which was the best job i have ever had, and i have slowly gone mad over a period of time which in turn has made me have to see pysciatrists and be put on amisulpride, i thought i was being spiked with stuff in my food and drinks and to cut a long story short i had pyscosis for many months and believed it was all happening for real.

I feel well to a degree and understand that i was ill, but now i can't stop these thoughts from going round and round in my head which has been happening for years and has now got to the point where i can't deal with it any more. For a few minutes of the day my head feels like it is clear but not for long.

I don't dream when i'm asleep about any of the bad stuff i think during the day which is why i know i would'nt do or say any of the stuff i think. I have normal dreams somtimes happy ones, dont really have nightmares. I used to pray when i was younger and got scared if i didnt, i stopped for many years but have recently started again. I do this in my head and not out loud.

Please help, can i see a councillor or therapist to stop these repetative horrible thoughts.

Last edited by Gromet; 03-03-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
(male)

Joy2BeWith HB User
Re: I just realised I have OCD. Help!!!

You're okay Gromet - what you're experiencing are OCD thoughts - that's all they are, thoughts. What sucks about OCD is one tends to hold to a thought and obsess over it, eventually convincing oneself that the thought is "real" and oh my God, are we capable of following through with it????

You won't - you're normal - well, normal to the sense that so many other people (millions) experience the same thing.

Find a good counselor and medical doctor to get your thoughts under control and soon you'll be okay. In the mean time, know that it's not you, but your annoying thoughts.

Hope this helps. God bless....

Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
(male)

Gromet HB User

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. Today after posting this thread yesterday was the first day in ages that i have felt half decent in mind. When you say see a councillor what sort do you mean by that?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
(male)

Joy2BeWith HB User

A counselor will help you understand more about how thoughts work, and how you can control them. Your thoughts are tied to your feelings, therefore, when you start having disturbing thoughts it can affect greatly how you feel. Seeing a good counselor, along with taking medication (prescription and/or natural), will help you tremendously my friend.

God bless.

Closed Thread