It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
(male)

WinterSmoke HB User
Am I losing control?

Alright, I was at work and at times I get these nervous attacks where I think Iím on the verge of compulsively doing something bad, like touching or hitting someone.

This one moment, I saw someone walking my way and the thought of touching them came into my head. I started to become more and more nervous as I got closer to the person. I started to have thoughts like ďdo it, do it.Ē

I also felt my arm move slowly towards their way. I didnít touch them, I donít think but what freaks me out is that I think I was trying to fulfill that compulsion. Iíve had many of these before, but I felt very sick to my stomach and nervous this time.

Am I losing control or did I lose control just then and there? Did I try?

Can someone help?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Re: Am I losing control?

I feel the same way you do at times. I get these thoughts in my head that make me want to touch someone or think very inapproropriate thoughts about someone. I have had bad thoughts about people and kids and I'd never want to do anything to every hurt anyone. I know that is not me and I would never do anything like that so why do I have these thoughts. Its like my mind is telling me just do it and I have to tell myself no I will not. These thoughts won't ever happen will they or are they just OCD thoughts? I am scared!
Is this OCD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
(male)

WinterSmoke HB User

They're just thoughts. They have no control over you. I think what I was doing was a nervous complusion.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
(female)

MissyS HB User

They are just thoughts. They are horrible, scary, thoughts. And I still even get nervous that I won't have "control" and act on them. But I've learned after a lot of research- that they are just thoughts- and nothing more. We can't control them, but we also can't let them control us :c). You won't act on your thoughts. People with OCD don't act on them, instead, we the thoughts give us anxiet, panic, etc. People with OCD also tend to have hyper-guilty consciences. So we feel even more guilty and panic ridden about our thoughts.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
(male)

endless october HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSmoke View Post
Alright, I was at work and at times I get these nervous attacks where I think Iím on the verge of compulsively doing something bad, like touching or hitting someone.

This one moment, I saw someone walking my way and the thought of touching them came into my head. I started to become more and more nervous as I got closer to the person. I started to have thoughts like ďdo it, do it.Ē

I also felt my arm move slowly towards their way. I didnít touch them, I donít think but what freaks me out is that I think I was trying to fulfill that compulsion. Iíve had many of these before, but I felt very sick to my stomach and nervous this time.

Am I losing control or did I lose control just then and there? Did I try?

Can someone help?
the illusion that you are losing control is created by the disorder. i have an "oh no, i'm descending into madness" thought at least once a month, and it's BS.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
(male)

WinterSmoke HB User

Thanks for the help, guys. I've been trying handle my anxiety. I can contain it at times but sometimes it comes back even stronger.

Nevertheless, I'm trying to keep myself strong.

Closed Thread