It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
(female)

NotToday09 HB User
Getting by with Ativan

So, I've essentially diagnosed myself as OCD, but the pdoc has always said it's depression...in any case.

I was on Celexa for 8 wonderful years...no side effects...no obsessing. It was outstanding. But it stopped working So, they put me on Pristiq...after two weeks, had to stop because I was getting worse.

Enter Zoloft. I've been on it only 4 or 5 days, since starting, my anxiety has been at a major HIGH...so I've been taking Ativan once a day to curb that.

Has anyone gotten worse FROM a med, and then gotten better? Perhaps I just need to give it more time?

Do you suppose it's okay to take Ativan every day to get by until the Zoloft fully "kicks in"?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

Coolbeans HB User
Re: Getting by with Ativan

No, not really. But give it time first, if it doesn't work...Get off of it.
Do you go to counseling or therapy. Maybe you should try that, it helps.
However, i don't know if it is okay to do too many drugs at the same time. I think that maybe you should research that or ask your doctor. I know that you care about your life and another person's opinion. So take their response into consideration. But i would just suggest seeing someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
(male)

ExtremelyWired HB User
Re: Getting by with Ativan

I have always had a bit of a challenging time during the start phase of an antidepressant and have found that I felt worse before I felt better. Also, if you stopped Celexa suddenly without weaning off it as you gradually moved over to Pristiq and then stopped Pristiq to try Zoloft, you might be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms still from the Celexa. I would say Ativan is crucial for the phase in period of an antidepressant, especially if you are experiencing some withdrawal from the Celexa. I personally have never had a doctor who had any problem prescribing Ativan, or Xanax during the start of an antidepressant.

Closed Thread