It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

kittykatz HB User
anybody used quetiapine and citralopram for oc

hi has anybody used quetiapine and or citralopram for pure o and anxiety and if so any results thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
(male)

jg860 HB User
Re: anybody used quetiapine and citralopram for oc

I have been on citalopram for the last 2 weeks for anxiety and OCD. Low dose to start with (10mg). Moving on to 20mg in another 2 weeks time. Some side effects to report, headaches, sleeplessness, nausia and diarrhea. Fortunatley, these effects are passing now. My therapist says I should see some good results in the next few weeks or so. Apparently, it takes about a month to 6 weeks to kick in fully. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
(female)

gobsmackedtart HB User

hi there, i have used both together at the same time, i take 3 citalopram a day and was on a low dose of quitiapine, ( started on 50mg) i found it instantly helped me with anxiety. previously i was using oxazepam but because of addictiveness was taken off that. i am no longer on quitiapine because of other issues. if i had anxiety attack i would take a quitiapine/seroquel which pretty well would cease attack very quickly. i also think because i knew it worked and i could depend on it my attacks halved very quickly. as for obsessiveness...yes i stil ambut no where near as bad as i was. i hope this helps

Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
(female)

gobsmackedtart HB User

hi i just posted a reply also and just saw your post. The good news is the side affects do pass reasonably fast. citalopram has been a life saver for me when many others didnt work. i also no alot of others who have changed to citalopram and rate it very highly. all the best and i hope you get as good results as i have had

Closed Thread