It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

constantlystart HB User
Unhappy constantly starting over

Almost every day of my life, I have woke up to start a certain daily regimen, but if I say one wrong thing or do one thing wrong, then I give up and just try to get thru the day until I can start over again the next day. Most times, when I have to give up, I just want to stay in bed until my starting over begins the next day. I can remember doing this as early as age 7. Can anyone relate to overcoming this type of OCD? No one in my life knows I have struggled with this and it has somehow worsened since the birth of my twins 4 months ago. Please help!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: constantly starting over

I'm sure you will get good advice on this,but meanwhile I can suggest my 2 cents.
Congrats on the two-somes. I'm reading a book by Louise Hay which uses down to earth writing,and has sold 30 million copies.It seems almost childish,but gets great
after several pages.It is easy reading,and will give you good vibes. Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
(female)

sh 08 HB User

chemical imbalance...OCD can be treated VERY VERY VERY well with the right meds...you can't keep doing this as it will just get worse....get to your Dr ASAP! pls keep us posted...i do feel your pain

Old 11-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
(female)

constantlystart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsville View Post
I'm sure you will get good advice on this,but meanwhile I can suggest my 2 cents.
Congrats on the two-somes. I'm reading a book by Louise Hay which uses down to earth writing,and has sold 30 million copies.It seems almost childish,but gets great
after several pages.It is easy reading,and will give you good vibes. Bill
Thank you! I will have to look into her books. Jen

Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
(female)

constantlystart HB User

Thank you for the advice! I have been taking Prozac, which has really helped. I hate thinking I must be dependent on medication to cope with this, but if that is what it takes, I will stay on it forever if I need to.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
(female)

CLD2011 HB User

Constantly start,
I feel the exact way you do, everything in my life is counted and in order and no one seems to understand. I can't seem to just go through my life normally!
What is the book called that you all are talking about?

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
(female)

constantlystart HB User

It's called Overcoming Obssessive-Compulsive Disorder by Jan VanKierken and it has some really helpful advice! It has taught me ways to control my OCD instead of letting it control me! I still have some anxiety and the thoughts that creep in but I don't try to shut the thoughts out anymore - I let them in but I can tell them they are just my OCD thoughts and I go about my day now without giving up. It's a whole new freedom I haven't experienced in about 20 years! Let me know if you get a chance to read it!

Closed Thread