It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

kpajtas HB User
Does my boyfriend have ROCD and what should I do?

I have never posted anything on a message board so I am hoping that I can get some advice. I started dating this man 4 months ago. First week or so was great then he broke up with me because he didn't think he was over his ex. Then 4 days later he texts and we end up going out and bam! back together. Then about 2 weeks go by and another spike but this time he isn't sure how he feels about me. I remind him that that is what dating is about. Getting to know someone. So a couple days go by and we are back together. Then after a couple weeks he says he isn't sure we have passion. I say well that is what dating is for.... this cycle has been going on for 4 months now. I attended his family Christmas which he has never done with a girl... he has told me he loves me... He claims this is the healthiest relationship he has ever been in (i have the patience of an angel). We laugh... we talk... we never fight... But last week the spike happened again and all of a sudden there is something missing again. Now I kept thinking that he just isn't into me but that time before when he did this he apologized and said that it was his OCD. So now we haven't spoken since Friday and I am not sure what to do. I stumbled upon this message board and this ROCD sounds so familiar to me that I just had to ask... does he have ROCD? If so what should I do at this point? I am not sure if I should wait for him to contact me or if I should make the move and call him. I would be more then happy to go to counciling with him and tend to tell him that but only when this spike goes away and we are back again. If that happens. This is very tough on me. This roller coaster and not knowing if he will come back is exhausting. But, he is worth it. I grew up with parents who have OCD so understand it more then most. I don't mind it... regular OCD. But this ROCD? please someone help me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
(female)

HeidiM HB User
Re: Does my boyfriend have ROCD and what should I do?

I'm not sure if he has ROCD or if he's just very indecisive and afraid to be in a relationship, have you tried dicussing this with him at all?

Closed Thread