It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

eurson HB User
Fear of "Lossing Control" brings on Panic Attack

A few months back developed this fear that I was going schizophrenic. This fear, that I was losing touch with reality, going to become catatonic produced a panic attack that landed me in the hospital. There the doctor assured me that I was only obsessing and that if I were to continue to do so that I might actually become "crazy." Anyway, this incident and the compulsive thought checking that I have developed since this time has completely disoriented me. I try to get it out of my mind that I am not going crazy, but this thought lingers and when I don't think about it, I question the reason why and this again brings on the thought and if I become to analytical, like I had done this will throw me into a complete hysteria, panic attack and even worse! I need to put what is going on in some healthy perspective? I have just recently tried to replace the "going crazy" thoughts with " just obsessing thoughts." Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
(female)

ucs412 HB User
Re: Fear of "Lossing Control" brings on Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurson View Post
A few months back developed this fear that I was going schizophrenic. This fear, that I was losing touch with reality, going to become catatonic produced a panic attack that landed me in the hospital. There the doctor assured me that I was only obsessing and that if I were to continue to do so that I might actually become "crazy." Anyway, this incident and the compulsive thought checking that I have developed since this time has completely disoriented me. I try to get it out of my mind that I am not going crazy, but this thought lingers and when I don't think about it, I question the reason why and this again brings on the thought and if I become to analytical, like I had done this will throw me into a complete hysteria, panic attack and even worse! I need to put what is going on in some healthy perspective? I have just recently tried to replace the "going crazy" thoughts with " just obsessing thoughts." Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks.
It sounds like OCD and it could be psychotic depression. I was in the hospital about 6 mo. ago for psychotic depression (losing touch w/reality), but I think now it's also OCD, b/c I have these thoughts that won't go away, and it makes me feel crazy. You are not going crazy and I can't believe they said that. You have to remember it's NOT you - just thoughts. I know it's hard - I'm having a difficult time with it myself. What medication did they put you on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread