It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

stuckincolorado HB User
Just learned guy I'm seeing has Pure O: Need Advice

Hi!

Thanks for reading this post. I've been dating a guy for three months and he just informed me he has "pure O" of OCD. He told me this two weeks ago and since then I've heard from him once. Specifically he has "scrupulosity," a little-known, narrowly targeted obsessive-compulsive disorder in which individuals are consumed by religious and moral fervor. Since I was raised Catholic too I've only slept with a few people in my life and as a result I've activated his anxiety in regards to having sex with me. He's never tried to have sex with me ever which at first I respected, but then questioned.

My question is what in the heck am I supposed to do now? I want to see him, but I feel like he's dropped me like a bad habit. He's supposed to talk to his therapist next week to get her feedback on whether on not to continue the relationship. When we last spoke (four days ago) he told me I was great, but I haven't heard from him since. I feel like he doesn't like me anymore....I have no idea what's going on. The research I've done kinda of scares me b/c it states that he might forever question if he really wants to be with me. Any perspective would be appreciated.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
(male)

ineedherback HB User
Re: Just learned guy I'm seeing has Pure O: Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincolorado View Post
Hi!

Thanks for reading this post. I've been dating a guy for three months and he just informed me he has "pure O" of OCD. He told me this two weeks ago and since then I've heard from him once. Specifically he has "scrupulosity," a little-known, narrowly targeted obsessive-compulsive disorder in which individuals are consumed by religious and moral fervor. Since I was raised Catholic too I've only slept with a few people in my life and as a result I've activated his anxiety in regards to having sex with me. He's never tried to have sex with me ever which at first I respected, but then questioned.

My question is what in the heck am I supposed to do now? I want to see him, but I feel like he's dropped me like a bad habit. He's supposed to talk to his therapist next week to get her feedback on whether on not to continue the relationship. When we last spoke (four days ago) he told me I was great, but I haven't heard from him since. I feel like he doesn't like me anymore....I have no idea what's going on. The research I've done kinda of scares me b/c it states that he might forever question if he really wants to be with me. Any perspective would be appreciated.

Hi, I hope you are doing ok. About 2 months ago my fiancee started acted strange towards me and it came up on numerous occasions that she might not be attracted to me any more and she fears that she no longer loves me. I have had trouble dealing with this, as just 2 weeks ago she was diagnosed with OCD, relationship OCD in her case. This has been very hard, but now knowing that the OCD is making her question me and question us gives me some relief. This is a very difficult time and I too would like to know how to deal with it. I think from reading most post, I've learned that we have to be strong and be supportive. For me, this is hard because I'm the root of the problem, which it sounds the same in your case as well. I really want you to take care of yourself and realize that you are not the problem, and neither is he. He has an illness that is difficult to get through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread