It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
(male)

Zedphart HB User
Question Not OCD is it?

ok, well i'm not exactly sure where to start but i just wanted to check for myself if some of these things are linked to OCD or anything..

i've been thinking about it for a while- but it kinda hit home the other day when i was visiting with my buddy and my mom at my Mom's house- and i had told them for some reason that it bugs me when my roomate (my dad) does not put the lids back on things. like jam, butter, etc. and how he's constantly leaving debris around the house. i'm not the most organized person at all but it just REALLY pisses me off.
after they made a couple comments about obsessive compulsive stuff but i laughed hoping that we could change the subject.

I also told my friend another day that i dont feel right if i dont have the right items in the right pockets. for instance- i told him i like my keys, change, or anything metal in the right pocket- anything valuable or important in my left- usually my ipod. he thought it was super weird- anytime i share this kind of information about myself with people i get odd looks/remarks. that's why i usually dont tell people things like how i dont like certain doors open/ajar, i dont like having my passenger door in my car unlocked- even while i'm driving.
i have alot of papers and items on my car dashboard that i have in certain spots. When i'm at home i usually have all 3 remotes parallel- i dont like them jumbled together. There's also 2 little side tables we use for eating in our livingroom that i usually have parallel with eachother aswell. i dont like gaps between them or things like my bed and the wall- i'll try to close the gap always.

other than a few certain things im not a neat/organization freak or anything- and it's not as if these things get in the way much...

but there is one thing that i guess is out of hand.
i've had a real bad habit of twisting my hair since i was a child-- i'm 19 now by the way.
i'm constantly doing it- i try not to around friends and public but sometimes i just do it anyways.

i can get caught up sitting in one spot twisting for hours. if the thought of baldness/hairloss didnt CONSTANTLY play on my mind i'd never stop.
i moved to the city from the country about 8 months ago and prior to that i noticed i had been twisting more intensely/violently than usual- probably cause my folks were ready to split and they've NEVER liked eachother.
its not as bad now as it was then- but ever since it's been more of a problem- my hair is thinning and receding in some areas. every day i think about it and see it in the mirror. almost feel like tearing my hear out out of Frustration! it is a burden that plays on my mind constantly- because i continue to do it.. i try to cut down or stop as much as i can. but sometimes i just give in and do it for however long.

I've also got an issue with acne i guess. not as much the acne itself but picking at it.

when i think about it i spend a Lot of time searching for blackheads/pimples. my sister and mom have both given me grief about picking so many times. i'll often sit around and just look/feel up and down my arms,legs,back,chest,face,neck everywhere for pimples and there are alot of scars forming- i didnt even see untill a few weeks ago when it hit me as i was standing in front of the mirror- i didnt realize how many scars i have on my chest and shoulders.

well, that's it. thanks if anyone can give me some advice/info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
(male)

Zedphart HB User
Re: Not OCD is it?

Does anybody have any sort of information for me?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yes it sure sounds like OCD to me!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

bsbetty357 HB User

it does sound alot like it, i do alot of those things as well and i have it. there is a disorder, i cant remember what it is called, but it links with some people with ocd, where they pull out their hair, some even eat it. although yours may not be as extreme as that, it still may be a version of it. of course no one on here can diagnose you, you should still go to a doc if you want to know for sure!

Closed Thread