It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

seekcalmness HB Userseekcalmness HB User
Physical Effects of negative thoughts

It has been so long since I have posted something. I was taking Luvox, which was helping me a great deal now I realize-since I stopped taking it. I just made a call to set up an appointment today so I can re-start it. Anyways, I was looking for some feedback from any of you who experience thoughts that make you upset? How does it affect you? I have noticed that it really affects my appetite and when I am so fixated on a thought I feel so guilty sometimes that I cannot eat. I read someone else's post that it made them just want to sleep to get away from it. I get depressed when I have obsessive negative thoughts and have a hard time communicating with others and feeling motivated to do things. Hope all of you are well!

seekcalmness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
(male)

Zedphart HB User
Re: Physical Effects of negative thoughts

hey, there- this is the first time actually posting a reply to somebody, but when i'm really down- i'll usually sit in one place for the day and think while twisting my hair- not just about what's going on but i'll always end up veering off into all the POSSIBLE outcomes of things too- it's a big time waster.
If i get stuck in the cycle of repettative thinking like that i'll end up worse and worse until i go to sleep. that's usually the only way of getting out of it for me- breaking down and just dozing off instead of continuing the frustrating thoughts.
i've never really been to the doc about anything like depression or ocd or anything but- this is the cycle i go through a few times a month.

19 Male - just thought i'd reply nobody else had yet..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

danijoe HB User
Re: Physical Effects of negative thoughts

I also lose my appetite. Normally when my thoughts are eating at me I get really quiet and withdrawn. I feel like I can't function. Today is a bad day bc last night was a bad night and I can't work. My mind is just reeling. I tell my boyfriend sometimes I have all these thoughts being mixed up like a blender inside of me and then sometimes it's like my mind is a broken record. I can just HEAR it stuck on a thought. He has also started to notice when I get really stuck on something. I'm usually a pretty upbeat person (doesn't seem like it lately bc it's been bad lately) so he notices when I retreat into myself. He'll see it in my eyes and be like "what's wrong babe? what are you thinking?". Man isn't that the ultimate question for someone with OCD. I wish I could turn my brain off! I do get rages as well though. Usually this happens after I've been sitting and stewing about things and I fail at talking myself down from whatever I'm thinking. Then I just get plain exhausted. Sometimes I feel like I've run a marathon and really I have...just inside my head...

Closed Thread