It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
(female)

Taiz HB User
Intrusive thoughts relief.PLEASE.

I have had OCD and intrusive thoughts for as long as I can remember.
The intrusive thoughts usually dont last very long,and dont affect my life in any way.But I recently got some incredibly terrible ones that have lasted 3 weeks,and its ruining everything.
They were so bad I got physically sick and am not sure what to do anymore.
I wanted to know if anyone had any way to make it at least calm down?
I tried to read,watch Tv,but everything I see I can turn it into something terrible.
I cant see my doctor for at least a month,but I have some things coming up soon Ive been looking forward to for a long time,and really dont want them to be ruined
If anyone can help at all I would seriously appreciate it.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Intrusive thoughts relief.PLEASE.

Can you be more specific about the thoughts?

I'm a bit OCD but my tendencies are fear of the house burning down. I end up double checking that I got the curling iron off, that the stove is off, the coffee pot is off, the dryer is off. Sometimes this necessitates two trips back into the house before I can leave or I'm a nervous wreck while I'm gone. Basically I've found for me that the best way to deal with it is to repeat to myself, "Off, off, off" each time I turn off an appliance so I will remember that I did so later when I'm trying to think, "Did I turn off the...?"

OCD presents in so many different ways, if you could be more specific some of us could probably help if we have a similar type of intrusive thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
(female)

Taiz HB User

Well I used to have that exact problem when I was younger.
I was afraid that if anything was left next to an outlet the house would burn down.
But eventually it completely went away.
Now its like.
My mind telling me I want to do things I KNOW I dont want to.
I was watching a show and on it the story was that a woman was babysitting and while she was in another room the child was raped by someone.
I automatically pictured the little girl I babysit getting raped by someone and freaked out.
Im not actually worried that she will be or that this is going to happen,but because I had such a vivid image of it,it made me sick.and then my subconscious would have thoughts like "you want to see that.you're disgusting" and I so so dont want to think about it.And now its moved from that to anyone I care about.
So If im say watching a movie,and someone would kiss or something my head is going "Picture that as -someone that I wouldnt want to be thinking about-" and its driving me insane.
but now that Im in this mode of intrusive thoughts,it can be anything.Someone could say that Im depressed and I'll start having thoughts that Im depressed and that everything is horrible,even though Im generally very happy.

Last edited by Taiz; 05-25-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
(male)

Thecloud HB User

I'm doing fine and I feel great.

Last edited by Thecloud; 05-28-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Just thought I should make it shorter. I tend to write long notes.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

Taiz HB User

While I obviously cant diagnose you,It sure sounds like OCD.
It should get better with time,and I know exactly how you feel.
It does NOT mean you are a bad person in any way,especially because you felt so awful for thinking these things that you felt the need to come on here to figure out how to stop it.
I've been going through it for 3 weeks now,and I dont feel guilty about it anymore,because I know its not me.
I still am waiting to find a way to get it completely out of my head so I can focus on other things,but it will hopefully die down once you realize its not you thinking it.Hang in there!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
(male)

Thecloud HB User

Thank you so much. I feel so happy to know that I'm not the only one.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
(male)

shedd45 HB User

you should see the doctor before a month so he can put you on medicine its deffinatley ocd

Closed Thread