It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

jm987 HB User
I can't stop thinking

I've had OCD since I was about 10 or 11 and I'm 19 now. I used to wash my hands so many times a day but I've kind of gotten over that.

I still have the intrusive thoughts though. I always think that I'm going to be possessed by the devil and now, more recently, I can't stop thinking that I'm going to be alone forever (I have always thought this but not as much). It's gotten to the point where I feel like killing myself. I just can't stop thinking about how alone I am. I can't watch any film/tv show that shows a couple happily in love because it just really upsets me.

I've also noticed that I'm starting to have violent thoughts. Like, if we're in the car and I see a person on the street, I'll just imagine what it'll be like to run them over. I would never harm anyone or anything so this has started to get to me.

Also, while I used to suffer from derealisation every day, it eventually went away, and now it's back. I'm just so fed up!

Has anyone gone through anything like this? What are your experiences?

Last edited by jm987; 07-20-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
(male)

Josh121 HB User
Re: I can't stop thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm987 View Post
I've had OCD since I was about 10 or 11 and I'm 19 now. I used to wash my hands so many times a day but I've kind of gotten over that.

I still have the intrusive thoughts though. I always think that I'm going to be possessed by the devil and now, more recently, I can't stop thinking that I'm going to be alone forever (I have always thought this but not as much). It's gotten to the point where I feel like killing myself. I just can't stop thinking about how alone I am. I can't watch any film/tv show that shows a couple happily in love because it just really upsets me.

I've also noticed that I'm starting to have violent thoughts. Like, if we're in the car and I see a person on the street, I'll just imagine what it'll be like to run them over. I would never harm anyone or anything so this has started to get to me.

Also, while I used to suffer from derealisation every day, it eventually went away, and now it's back. I'm just so fed up!

Has anyone gone through anything like this? What are your experiences?
I used to get thoughts about the devil and hell and all that stuff too...this might work for you. what i did was write a short story where i talked about all the stuff that freaked me out, recorded it, and put it on an ipod. then i would listen to it heaps to get myself worked up, then concentrate on fighting the thoughts and feelings that came about every time i listened to it. the key is to train yourself not to feel anxious towards some silly irrational thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread