It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

ww1989 HB User
Question Do OCD habits ever change w/depression??

I was dx with OCD a few years ago. But in the last year or so I have been experiencing really bad depression. A lot of my OCD patterns, seem to have lost that pattern. Oddly enough, that seems to be the only thing that kept my life in any kind of order. Now my life is a mess. My bills are late, my house is a mess, and I forget when appts are, etc.

Has anyone else w/OCD experienced this??

Last edited by ww1989; 07-22-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

kazma HB User
Re: Do OCD habits ever change w/depression??

Hmm not sure if it's the same but I have an eating disorder and I find that depending on which cycle I am in has an effect on my OCD behaviours. For example, when in an anorexic cycle, My OCD is really bad. I am so particular about everything and become very obsessive and anxious about things. Everything is done ritualistically. But...when I am in a bulmic cycle, my life is too chaotic. I still have my little habits but never as extreme. For example, I will check that doors are locked, elements turned off etc etc during both cycles, but when bulimia is stronger, I am not as bothered about eating my food in a certain order. So....I think I know what you mean, when things are chaotic the symptoms of the OCD aren't as visible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread