It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2002, 11:51 PM   #1

drake87 HB User
Exclamation I can't stop popping!

what is wrong, Im obsessed with popping pimples, popping bug bites, black heads, you name it, I want to pick , probe and pop it. Its a daily routine for me. I wake up, and immediately scour through my body, looking for newly formed white heads or wierd or abnormal lumps bumps and lesions. I think every bump is associated with some disease, like skin cancer or HIV or something. I think sometimes I even pop things that are not even there! is this a problem or sound like OCD?
thanx
PimplePoppinDaddy

Old 05-13-2002, 08:00 AM   #2

strange86 HB User
I would suggest seeing a doctor if you are popping things constantly that are actually there and not your imagination. How old are you? It could be just acne if it's just blackheads, but skin cancer and HIV are something else entirely. If you really think that you have skin cancer or HIV, see a doctor. It may be good to see a doctor anyway, because your symptoms seem to hint at OCD.

Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2002, 01:23 PM   #3

drake87 HB User
I turn 22 next month.....

Old 05-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
Hmmm...I've never really considered this a form of OCD but maybe it is.

I am the zit popping queen, I tell ya! If there is any possible way that something might come out of it, I'm gonna sqeeze it! The bad thing is, I subject the people I love to it! LOL! Sometimes my brother or significant other will have (what I consider to be) an awful looking zit and it just frustrates the heck out of me if they won't let me at it! (They reaaaaaally hate my stealthy "sneak attacks!")

That said, I actually know several people who are poppers. I don't think it's such a strange thing.

BUT...like Strange said, if you're constantly worrying that every little bump is associated with a serious disease, this could indicate a real problem. Take Strange's advice on this one if you can't seem to allay your fears.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by GloomyDaisy (edited 05-19-2002).]

Old 05-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #5
Inactive

memehegan HB User
Oh yea man, I would say this is definitely OCD, my son picked a pimple on the back of his head in the hair all day daily until it was the size of a half a dollar! He only stopped after the doctor and school nurse keep telling him he would be bald. He picks at every little cut scrape and scab. And I myself have a nerve on my back shoulder that twitches and twitches and I used to beg my family to scratch a hole into it, finally I started scratching it with a knife and have for months and months, my back is covered in little scabs and every day I scratch at them, I can only make myself stop when they get sore, the longest I have gone is maybe 5 days!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
(male)

kerzymusicman HB User
Re: I can't stop popping!

That actually is a from of OCD. It's known as Dermatilomania.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User
Re: I can't stop popping!

Since I've been on medication, I still do it, but not to the same degree.

Closed Thread