It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

ucs412 HB User
OCD - Disturbing Thoughts

I'm getting anxious about going back to work. I haven't worked in 2 years now and I'm afraid that my unwanted thoughts are going to attack me and hinder me from getting a job. I also feel that the stress of a new job might bring them on too. I feel very unconfident since I haven't been out there in a while. Does anyone fear that when they start or do something new that the thoughts might just start popping in again?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
(female)

SCARED4421 HB User
Re: OCD - Disturbing Thoughts

UCS412

I have that all the time. When anything changes in my life the thoughts start to come back. And what you have to do is just retrain you mind again.....yes it sucks but it wrks and than you will get into the habit of pushing those thoughts away again. Just remember there is nothing wrong with you, you have never don anything and you arent about to start now.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
(female)

ucs412 HB User

Scared, Thanks for the support! I think it is just the stress of change that gets to me and than that triggers the thoughts. When I start worrying about the future...example: How are we going to keep affording our mortgage w/both my husband and myself out of jobs. Then I'll start foreseeing the future and it isn't pretty. I think its all the anxiety. How have you been doing w/your thoughts?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

SCARED4421 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucs412 View Post
Scared, Thanks for the support! I think it is just the stress of change that gets to me and than that triggers the thoughts. When I start worrying about the future...example: How are we going to keep affording our mortgage w/both my husband and myself out of jobs. Then I'll start foreseeing the future and it isn't pretty. I think its all the anxiety. How have you been doing w/your thoughts?
I hear ya! We all worry about "change" no matter what the details may be. But what we have to tell are selves is if we are strong enough to overcome the thoughts we get than we can overcome anything.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
(female)

ucs412 HB User

Hi everyone, I've often wondered if change about things can bring the ocd on b/c I feel that everything has to be a certain way. I've also been having ocd about a particular person. They are constantly on my back about everything and anything and I can't seem to do anything right according to them. I can't help but obsess over it, b/c no matter what I say or do they are always fault finding. It could be the smallest thing and then they attack me. Lately, it has really been an issue. I can't stop thinking about it and I keep saying to myself what did I do to deserve this??? Then the ocd flares up and I have a hard time letting it go and I start obsessing over and over. Can anyone relate to this?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
(male)

shedd45 HB User

i have this all the time i hate it!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
(female)

SCARED4421 HB User

Quote:
Hi everyone, I've often wondered if change about things can bring the ocd on b/c I feel that everything has to be a certain way. I've also been having ocd about a particular person. They are constantly on my back about everything and anything and I can't seem to do anything right according to them. I can't help but obsess over it, b/c no matter what I say or do they are always fault finding. It could be the smallest thing and then they attack me. Lately, it has really been an issue. I can't stop thinking about it and I keep saying to myself what did I do to deserve this??? Then the ocd flares up and I have a hard time letting it go and I start obsessing over and over. Can anyone relate to this?
Sorry I havent been on in awhile, were you able to put the word out about this site to the other people from our old post? This board helped so many people I would hate for them to be struggling.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
(female)

ucs412 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARED4421 View Post
Sorry I havent been on in awhile, were you able to put the word out about this site to the other people from our old post? This board helped so many people I would hate for them to be struggling.
I haven't been on here in a while either. I thought the others would have received my note about this new thread but I haven't heard from them either. I know they really liked coming out here and posting - it really did seem to help all of us. It's a shame.... I hope they feel that they can still connect with people on here. How have you been doing with your ocd/thoughts lately?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
(female)

StrongerThanOCD HB User

Quote:
I haven't been on here in a while either. I thought the others would have received my note about this new thread but I haven't heard from them either. I know they really liked coming out here and posting - it really did seem to help all of us. It's a shame.... I hope they feel that they can still connect with people on here. How have you been doing with your ocd/thoughts lately?
UCS & scared4421- are you still using these boards??

Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
(female)

SCARED4421 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongerThanOCD View Post
UCS & scared4421- are you still using these boards??
I am now that I see some familiar names!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
(female)

SCARED4421 HB User

Quote:
I dont remember ever seeing that you sent this. It usually sends me notification. I am doing ok. Going to see a new therapist............again! I have my anxiety attacks under control, but that thoughts still come periodically. Mainly when I have change in my life or a lot of time. So yes what you asked before is normal.

The following user gives a hug of support to SCARED4421:
StrongerThanOCD (01-22-2011)
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
(female)

StrongerThanOCD HB User

hi scared!!! it's been a LONG time since i've been on the boards, you might remember me as away*from*ocd ..... how have you been?? i still think of you girls often and am so happy to be back!

Closed Thread