It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

Zedphart HB User
Question Constantly thinking- Destroying me.

hey, so im 19 and i find that i think about everything way too much- i guess everybody tells me so too. It's actually getting to the point where i waste hours a day sitting and thinking. just about everything- life, what we are, why we're here, you know- all that. it just burdens me Greatly that i have so much to ask and contribute to the thought pool... but i'll never get to speak with anyone important enough for it to matter- it's extremely depressing. i love science and space- time/ theories, im just no good at math really and have a procrastinating personality- i cant be a astronomer or astrophysicist. "never say never" i guess but... i'll just end up thinking and thinking about it instead of acting-
i've come to some pretty interesting beliefs/theories of my own just from all the analyzing but.. i just feel lost - what do i believe? how will i ever find the answers i want in my lifetime... if they're not discovered yet?

and it's not just thinking like that.. it's everything- every decision i make i look at it from all angles.
i feel depressed often- it gets real heavy too i guess, and i have no reason to be. that's the saddest part.
i've felt like this for ...about 4 years now maybe if i were to try and keep track?
and i finally a doc the other day about feeling real down often, he told me "probably a worry wort right? dont like large crowds? nervous?" and i said yea... so he gave me a pat on the back and sent me out- said stop thinking.

i just want to know if there's a term for this? or if it's worth it to bring up to my family doctor in 2 weeks time?

i cant even have decent dreams without waking up yelling or in tears. then the dream plagues me for a day after...

and i've also done significant damage to my hair while i sit and think...or just anywhere- i twist it so much. i cant stop- it's soothing almost?
im 19 and i can see my own hair comming out between my fingers? makes me want to break down...

so if anyone has got some thoughts to add. thanks alot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread