It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

NeedsYourAdvice HB User
Do i have ocd - annoyed by everything!

It all started in 5th grade when a girl fell asleep in the back of class and was snoring so loud it disrupted the class. For some reason it annoyed me to no end! I got shivers all through my body and felt like I was about to explode inside. I almost started to cry I was so annoyed by her actions.
Since then, I am now 26, and I still have common annoyances such as snoring. I am annoyed by people shaking their leg/foot, ticking clocks, TV noises/music through the wall, people rocking, people biting their nails, people chewing gum, people breathing too hard or having a "whistle" in their nose, people chewing too loudly etc. I am also extremely jealous. I recently graduated with a Master's degree in Counseling (yah I know I should use some!) but feel like its not good enough compared to my friend who has her MD. I am constantly jealous at everyone and everything. I also have to be such a people pleaser or else I freak out and start to obsess about the friendship.

It is super annoying to me and I cannot even think how my friends or family are dealing with it.

Anyone else have this? Or have an idea as to how to treat it?

Thank you

Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
(female)

caisaco HB User
Re: Do i have ocd - annoyed by everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsYourAdvice View Post
It all started in 5th grade when a girl fell asleep in the back of class and was snoring so loud it disrupted the class. For some reason it annoyed me to no end! I got shivers all through my body and felt like I was about to explode inside. I almost started to cry I was so annoyed by her actions.
Since then, I am now 26, and I still have common annoyances such as snoring. I am annoyed by people shaking their leg/foot, ticking clocks, TV noises/music through the wall, people rocking, people biting their nails, people chewing gum, people breathing too hard or having a "whistle" in their nose, people chewing too loudly etc. I am also extremely jealous. I recently graduated with a Master's degree in Counseling (yah I know I should use some!) but feel like its not good enough compared to my friend who has her MD. I am constantly jealous at everyone and everything. I also have to be such a people pleaser or else I freak out and start to obsess about the friendship.

It is super annoying to me and I cannot even think how my friends or family are dealing with it.

Anyone else have this? Or have an idea as to how to treat it?

Thank you
Woah.. I have the same thing! I cannot stand sitting in a room with ticking clocks, it gets under my skin. I think it's called hypersensitivity, google it! I fear the day I move out with my boyfriend because he snores.. I concentrate on it and I get all hot in the face and ****** off.
Also when I try to sleep at night I hear the faint snore of my dad from across the hall, now that drives me crazy! My mom just doesn't understand and tells me to tone it out. Yeah, gum chewing like a cow, my friend does that and I really want to punch her in the face lol
Google hypersensitivity though.. I pretty much just live with it. It's worse when I have PMS though. I do have anger problems though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread