It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
OCD sucks

I have mild to moderate OCD which was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago. I was in therapy for it for about 6 or 7 months, and on meds for about a year. Things got a lot better, so I stopped.

As is normal with OCD, things have been rather up and down.

Over the past year, my OCD worsened a lot, especially during the spring semester of school.

About a month ago, I decided that I should go back to therapy. I've been seeing my old psychologist since then, and I'm about to go back to school in 2 weeks.

Today during my session, I almost started crying because I was talking about how upsetting and ridiculous it is that I spend an hour EVERY DAY on basic functions such as showering, getting ready for bed, getting dressed, brushing my teeth etc...and then even more time gets spent up because I have so many other compulsions related to other things.

Ugh.

I wish that I had called my T earlier in the summer so we would have had more time to talk and work on things, but I wasn't really in the place to do that...so now I think I'm gonna have to find someone at school because OCD is really getting in the way of my life!

I have one last appointment with her next Wednesday before I head back to school.

I need to keep working on my OCD though. It's definitely interfering with my life, and I'm worried about what will happen with it at school when I start all my clinicals (I'm a nursing student, and most of my OCD stuff is about cleanliness and germs etc)...

So now I basically have 2 options:

1) Keep trying to work at it on my own.
2) Find someone to see at school.

I think I need to do 2...but I don't want to. It was hard enough for me to go to my T in the first place, and just as hard to back to her this summer...and I really don't want to deal with someone new.

*Sigh*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
Re: OCD sucks

Does anyone have anything to add?

So I've been thinking...and I think that when I get back to school, I should meet with one of the campus ministers there. He's one of my mentors -- he leads the small Faith Sharing group I'm a part of, and leads retreats etc...and at the end of last semester, he said that he would be willing to go down to the counseling center with me...and I think that I would like that...you know, that it would make it less intimidating and make me more comfortable.

I still hate all of this though...

Closed Thread