It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

kmillers HB User
relationship ocd

Does anyone here ever get relationship anxiety? I have been reading some things about it, and it is like a glimmer of hope to know that I am not the only one. I googled "doubt relationship" and came across the term, relationship obsessive compulsive disorder, and i was wondering if anyone here ever feels like I do. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years and he is amazing. We got together when we were both drinking , but now I have gotten completely sober and am going to school. He is also going to school, doesn't drink .
The crazy thing is that the thought of breaking up with him is something that feels like it would be such a huge mistake, and not what I want. we have grown so much together, and I know he truly loves me. I truly love him, and yet these crazy doubts keep popping up in my head, and it's getting worse. At one minute I am imagining looking into his eyes on our wedding day and feel like that is all i want in the world, and the next second i am questioning whether we should be together! I finally told him about my doubts and anxieties and he said it makes him sad that i feel this way, but in the end he just wants me to be happy. The craziest part is that in my heart i know that being with him forever would make me happy!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody please resond if you feel what i am going through! Thank you for your time!

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-11-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
(male)

alex893 HB User
Re: relationship ocd

i can relate. especially to the part where you mentioned seeing the wedding day and then after that questioning whether your right for eachother. it is hard

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
(female)

kmillers HB User
Re: relationship ocd

Thank you for replying. Realizing that I really over-think things makes me feel a lot better. Just working on enjoying the moment and not future-tripping. I think it's important to realize that not every day is going to be perfect, but if at the end of the day you want to be with the person, it is worth fighting for.

Closed Thread