It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

alex893 HB User
Question [ROCD] When reassurance isnt enough

What do you guys do when you feel really down? I know you are not supposed to look for reassurance because it doesnt help you get better, but has anyone seeked so much reassurance it doesnt really help anymore but continue to do it anyway?

Like for example if I have to look for reassurance I look on peoples ROCD threads and compare symptoms/stories ect. If I found something I could relate to it would make me feel better but only temporarily. Now it doesnt do that as often.

Im just looking for advice, tips on how to cope. Im feeling kind of blah at the moment, have had better days, and have had worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
Re: [ROCD] When reassurance isnt enough

Well, You're right, you shouldn't need reassurance because it should come from within, I think perhaps anyone with ROCD should look at Codependency, I've recently joined a coda group and it brings a lot of things into light, perhaps more people who suffer from ROCD could benefit from this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread