It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
(male)

solid snake HB User
ROCD: fear to love other

Hi guys, i would like to tell you my story.

I am a rocd owner (ja!) and i always had the typical fear of not loving my gf. Now i have a new one: Love another girl (a friend of mine).

The thing is that i like her, she is pretty and smart, but that doesn't matter to me because y still want to be whit my gf, but my head is always comparing her whit my gf, and the comparisons are always kind of silly.
Example:

-She likes beer and my gf doesn't. I would like that my gf likes bear like her.
-She is a good dancer and my gf is not that good.
-She knows about art and my gf doesn't.
-Etc Etc Etc

As you can see the comparisons are not important enough to say "that are things that makes me fall in love".
As i said, i always admitted that i like her and she turns me on (sexually), but i never thot about the idea of loving her.

The compulsions are the same:
-look at pictures of her
-imagine that she is my gf
-compare her whit my gf, etc

Can it be ocd?, or is just reality and i cant accept it?.
Did these happen to any of you?

Thanks a lot!!

PS: Has you guys can see, my big fear is to love that girl because i don't want to loose my gf...is these a rocds new face?

PS2: Sorry for mi english.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
(male)

alex893 HB User
Re: ROCD: fear to love other

the thought that you think you love someone else is an obsession and can certainly be linked to ocd. the comparing too. i have the same problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
(male)

solid snake HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex893 View Post
the thought that you think you love someone else is an obsession and can certainly be linked to ocd. the comparing too. i have the same problem
Can you tell me about your experience?

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
(female)

facethefear HB User

Hi There,

Sounds like ROCD to me. Listen to the quiet voice that doesn't question. Just let all those thoughts be there don't give them any attention. For example a thought comes into your mind, don't start a discussion inside your head about it, just let it be there and get on with what you are doing you do not need to answer anything. This is only giving the thought attention let it be there, let it swirl. The true answers come to you when you are at peace giving it attention only keeps OCD going.

Masey
xx

Old 09-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #5
(male)

solid snake HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by facethefear View Post
Hi There,

Sounds like ROCD to me. Listen to the quiet voice that doesn't question. Just let all those thoughts be there don't give them any attention. For example a thought comes into your mind, don't start a discussion inside your head about it, just let it be there and get on with what you are doing you do not need to answer anything. This is only giving the thought attention let it be there, let it swirl. The true answers come to you when you are at peace giving it attention only keeps OCD going.

Masey
xx
Thanks. The thing is that the thought is more like a feeling. I know she is pretty and she has a nice personality, that is a fact, but i dont know why i fell like that is feeling is bad for me, like it means that i am in love whit her.

My problem is not that i want her, my problem is that i dont want to love her because that means to loose my gf.

Closed Thread