It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

isitjustme HB User
Lightbulb I would love to stop totally from picking me feet.

Yes, this is a very embarrassing situation, but I pick my feet, it is an OCD, just like I pick at my lips, I do the number counting, letter counting and many other things also.

I do have tics which when I am nervous I do shrug my shoulders alot and move my neck in weird directions.

But back to my feet picking thing. I want to stop so bad, the more I think about stopping the more I pick.

I get to the point where I can't walk on my feet they bleed, i put medicine on it like Neosporin, and cut relief medicines.

I get so mad at myself because I know I can quit, but my mind says to do it more.

I am so mad and aggravated at myself.

Has anyone ever had this kind of thought and has done this and has quit.

What do I do, how do I do it....

Thanks for any suggestions, except for socks.....Usually when I put socks on I just tear them off and start picking, so that doesn't work at all, that actually makes it stronger sense for me to do it.

Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

CrochetFerret HB User
Re: I would love to stop totally from picking me feet.

I would say just stop, I mean if it hurts and gets sore to the point you can't walk, that is just insane to keep doing it. That would be like digging at my eyeballs, it is going to get extremely sore, even to the point of causing a loss of sight.

Do you have any idea how many people who are crippled and can't walk would love to trade problems with you?? If you were to ask 50 crippled people who can't walk at all if they wanted to trade problems with you, they would ALL say I WILL TRADE because if I can walk, I am certainly not going to do something to my feet, I am going to enjoy just the simple act of walking again.

As Nancy Regan said, Just say NO to drugs, Just say NO to feet picking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread