It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 04:42 PM   #1

larry_111566 HB User
Post does anyone have problems with ocd and working?

Ifeel that i do alot better with my ocd when im working or keeping my mind occupied especially when im bored i have worse symptoms of my compulsions and with keeping my mind busy i do pretty well How about anyone out there?

Old 09-08-2003, 09:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
I also do much better when I have somthing to occupy my mind. when I am not doing anything that is when my mind starts to wander.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 12:00 PM   #3

loneyprincess HB User
Talking

I was in a relationship where my spouse had ocd. Some days were better than others. I did not know what to do to help. I would try to help keep him busy and suggest different things to do. I didn't want to accept my help and that really hurt. I still think to this day he doesn't realize how much he hurt me by pushing me away. His ocd was very mild when he was working and I thought that maybe being at home with me was driving him crazzzy and thats is why he had more ocd attacks. I need for someone who suffers from ocd!!!! What do I do when someone who has ocd refuses your help?

Old 09-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #4

loneyprincess HB User
Unhappy

what do you do when you try to keep busy and you mind still wanders and thinks about the same thought repeatly. is that ocd or is that just stupid. sometime i will thing about the same thing over and over and over and as hard as i try to stop thinking about that thought it is hard and my head hurts. can ocd just be obessive thoughts or is it a comination of things??????????????

Old 09-09-2003, 06:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Mine is just the obsessive thoughts that go over and over in my head. Since being on zoloft it has been much better.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #6

larry_111566 HB User
Yes ocd is a combinations of both you can try reading books or getting another boyfriend maybe that will work but it might not,also do u work and does it help your wandering mind when your occupied,also therapy with someone can help with a good friend or trying to get some medicine tHAT might be better what are u on?

Old 09-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #7
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User
Re: does anyone have problems with ocd and working?

Working and keeping busy help me too. My only problem is that no matter how early I intend/plan to leave for work, I always find things at home that need to be done NOW, or I am so scared that I will forget something that I will need that I keep walking around looking for "it" even if I have no idea what "it" is and I am not really forgetting anything, or I have to check my tires and the oil & transmission fluid in my truck (Very old truck & these things need to be checked once or twice a week really, but I seem to do it at least once a day), so I ALWAYS wind up being 10-15 minutes late.
So far my boss hasn't really said anything, (she doesn't know about my ocd), but I fell that this is very bad 'work behavior' and then spend my entire shift feeling bad/beating myself up about it. I am actually very productive at work, (I have only been there a month and they are talking about promoting me to management), but I just can't get the guilt about being late out of my head. It drives me extra crazy because I am the only person who seems to really notice or care when I am late...

Old 09-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #8

Memories HB User

Yeah, I've even noticed that when I'm in a time in life when I'm reading a good book or watching thought-provoking movies, my mind tends to not attack me as much. . . the effect seems to last longer too, just having read something good can make me feel better all day.

Old 09-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #9
(male)

kingam HB User

"What do I do when someone who has ocd refuses your help? "

i give you all the credit in the world for wanting to help... the problem with OCD, is part of it tells you "its not OCD, it IS you..." so when people try to "help" you see it as an empty gesture because sometimes you feel "this is just how it is"...

my ex wasnt very supportive... she was at times, but used it against me other times... the best advice i can give is just always be there for someone...

Closed Thread