It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
Post Do I have OCD....please help

As a child, I believe I suffered from depression and OCD. I had many rituals, including counting numbers over and over again, saying my prayers at night MANY times and washing my hands repeatedly. I think I outgrew most of these tendencies. The first time I read about OCD I was floored. I knew this was what I had for all those years.

I just read a post on a different board about people who pick at their lips and cuticles. I realized I do this alot. I pick at not only my lips and cuticles, but my actual fingernails, my face, any zit or bump on my body, my scalp, even my nose when no one is looking. I also chew on the inside of my lips and cheeks. I also fidget constantly in other ways besides the picking.

I never thought of this behavior as OCD related, but now I am starting to wonder. It's not as extreme as my childhood behavior, but it is strange nonetheless. I would feel a little silly going to the doctor about this.

Do you think I may have OCD, and is it bad enough that I should see a doctor?
Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #2

sweetbelky HB User
I think a good question to ask yourself is, "How much do these things interfere with my daily life?" From my point of view, I don't think you have OCD, but it is not my place to diagnose. Many people have little habits, tendencies or quirks that could be categorized as OCD-like syptoms, but are far from having the actual disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread