It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

Forgiveness HB User
struggling to cope

Hey there this is forgiveness .Iam a 39 year old female with an ocd problem ever since i can remember .Iwas sexually abused and my ocd became my coping mechanism.I have had many different types of help and i have had periods that have been very good where i made the mistake of thinking i am now cured.then unfortunately something would go wrong , and i go right back to cleaning again,i feel insecure and my ocd takes over .this strangely makes it sort of right again , when i see that my house is clean it gives me temporary satisfaction.Then i clean more to get the feeling ,and as a result i give my family a hard time because i only happy when i feel things are clean.
I am mentally exhausted ,ifear the toilet ,when i go out in public i am terrified of people touching me ,iworry about what i eat ,where i sit .When i bring my groceries they are wiped with detergent.I cannot use any other toilet except my own.My mind is constantly racing about what is clean or not .I would like advice on how to cope on a daily basis.however their are things that i do cope with now which i could not do before,but retraining my mind to do correct is agony , and i do not want to go back on medication .I have been of medication for about five years and want it to stay that way.Is there any other way to increase seratonin levels without medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread