It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

scaredalltime HB User
Unhappy needing advice

Hi there,
I am new to the board. I believe I have had OCD for some time but it seems to be getting worse lately. It started with me being obsessively scared about contracting HIV. Recently I have come upon a fear that I find more frightening for some reason. I have become terrified that I will get sent to prison for a crime that I didn't commit. I am probably one of the most law abiding people around, having never gotten so much as a traffic ticket in the past 10 years. Over the week-end I had gotten a cut that was bleeding pretty badly and was holding a paper towel over it and when I threw it in the garbage I noticed that the wind had blown it out rather than pick it back up off the groud (and trigger my hiv fear) I left it there and moments later began to worry, "what if someone who has committed a crime finds the paper towel and somehow transfers my blood to their crime scene". I know while I'm writing this that is sounds crazy but for some reason my fear persists. Has anyone had a fear like this and if so has anything worked for you to get over it? Thank you so much for any help.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Contemplating Going Off of Effexor-Advice? JenArt Depression 10 01-13-2013 11:08 PM
Needing level 3 cervical disc fusion need advice! Queenie22 Spinal Cord Disorders 16 09-28-2010 02:57 PM
Need some advice.. bklynanon Mental Health 5 09-27-2010 06:08 AM
Surferdude here, needing some advice!! surferdude26 Bowel Disorders 1 04-24-2009 08:43 AM
Partner Needing help, advice and a shoulder to cry on BrissieBabe Chronic Fatigue 0 10-20-2007 10:07 PM