It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
(male)

theman800 HB User
Is this OCD or psychosis??

I went to a therapist for a few months and then she sent me to someone else because I told her I am paranoid, I told her I am paranoid about people out to get me but I only worry about that when like I hear someone on the internet like say something about hacking, if I read things on the internet that have to do with diseases I worry about that too if I have pains that have to do with the diseases. If I read about men being abused I worry about that happening to me one day maybe.

If I ask people if I am being hacked and they say no then I stop worrying, then I start again and I stop worrying once I read their answer again.

Sometimes these things I worry about seem real but after I stop worrying about them by reading the answers over that say I'm not being hacked or I don't have diseases then I realize how silly it was that I worried about that stuff.

I only worry about stuff I read on the internet really, if I don't read anything I don't worry about anything.

I know I do have OCD I check and click a lot of stuff, but does it sound like I also have psychosis??

Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
Smile Re: Is this OCD or psychosis??

Hello there,

I am not a Dr., but I believe it sounds like you are suffering from OCD thoughts, not psychotic thoughts. It's also quite common for people with OCD (me included!) to think or fear they are schizophrenic, going crazy, or psychotic. It can often feel that way at times....but I think the key indicator that it is not psychosis is that you are questioning it in the first place....
What I mean is, people with OCD are generally well-aware that their thoughts are irrational, and yet they cannot reason them away, so they continue to cause anxiety. It sounds like you recosnize your thoughts as irriational, and while you worry that they might be true, that someone might be hacking, you might have a certain disease or whatever, you are able to realize these thoughts as false.

Does that make sense? Have you found a new Dr.? If not, I suggest you find a new Dr, who specializes in OCD, they can help you understnad what it happening with your thoughts/compulsions and give you tools to better control it, thus decreasong it';s control of you.

I have been diagnosed with OCD for 15 years. I didn;t get consistent help until the past few years, medication has been a great help to me, and I wish I had tried it sooner!!
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread