It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

xmindjailx HB User
ROCD- afraid of cheating

so last night i went to a party and had a little to drink. I've been dating a guy for a year now but we are on a break as of now because school is getting crazy.
But anyway, there was a guy at the party and he was cute and we seemed to have a lot in common. And i started to panic because I thought that we were "meant to be" or something. And i got really upset because I really love my boyfriend and my friends keep influencing me to think that I do like this guy at the party! He is cute but he also is a pothead and not really my type...

And I guess this is pretty much answering my own questions but...
I feel like the reason I flipped out was because I started to feel attracted to someone else for the first time. And i think it shows me how much I love my bf and how I'm not ready to give him up...
But then of course I get paranoid and I think it's "fate" and that I'm going to end up with this guy.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

recovering HB User
Re: ROCD- afraid of cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmindjailx View Post
so last night i went to a party and had a little to drink. I've been dating a guy for a year now but we are on a break as of now because school is getting crazy.
But anyway, there was a guy at the party and he was cute and we seemed to have a lot in common. And i started to panic because I thought that we were "meant to be" or something. And i got really upset because I really love my boyfriend and my friends keep influencing me to think that I do like this guy at the party! He is cute but he also is a pothead and not really my type...

And I guess this is pretty much answering my own questions but...
I feel like the reason I flipped out was because I started to feel attracted to someone else for the first time. And i think it shows me how much I love my bf and how I'm not ready to give him up...
But then of course I get paranoid and I think it's "fate" and that I'm going to end up with this guy.
Parties, alcohol and your peers have a big influence on why you feel this way. We're human; we're all attracted to other people but when you are in a committed relationship you shouldn't put yourself in tempting situations that make you feel like you want to cheat. You obviously really don't and it sounds like you have more respect for yourself and your boyfriend. If you always think of relationships this way it will help...commit to not getting into another relationship until at least six months after your last break up; that way your head is free and clear of the past and your new relationship will be free of baggage. If you stick to this, you don't have to worry about cheating or hurting someone or the guilt that comes with all of that. In addition, it might seem fun at the time but it makes you feel like a bad person and people don't respect a cheater anyway. Rocd will make you feel as though the other person is the one and you could be passing it up but that's ridiculous, I know because I dealt with that same feeling for years and I feel as though I wasted a lot of precious time. Also, dealing with someone who has a pot addiction is tough; when they're addicted they are advocates to an extreme so they never quit. I hate it!!! and I wish the people I love didn't have that problem. Stay away from the parties and alcohol they may seem fun but that's all they are, and stick close to your wanted relationship and you will feel better again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread