HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/)
-   -   angry!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/771124-angry.html)

Forgiveness 10-04-2010 12:33 PM

angry!!!

Hey there this is forgiveness,is there anybody out there thats at their end of their tether like iam .I want to scream sometimes ,i am so angry with everything the slightest thing sets me of . I am trying to cope with alot right now ,i feel like i am alone fighting this battle so long , i dont know how it began and when it is going to end ,i losing control and thats something i cant handle .My behaviour is getting worse .My hands are bleeding from using detergents and cleaning all the time ,i dont have a life outside my house.I literally dont leave my house sometimes two weeks at a time because when i return from a trip when i do go out it is to much trouble to clean everything .I hardly visit anyone and prefer nobody visits me .I cant use the bathroom comfortably without panicing .I have to bath imediatedly after using the loo.I dnt use anybody elses bathroom .I am always angry with myself and others, because i am never comfortable, is this ever giong to end Is there anybody out there who feels like me and have you had any success with these types of behaviour help if you can

Aviaja 10-04-2010 01:40 PM

Re: angry!!!

Dear Forgiveness,

I feel for you, it sounds like hell on earth, but also noticed something else in your post. You said ypu are dealing with a lot right now.

[QUOTE=Forgiveness;4339093] I am trying to cope with alot right now[/QUOTE]

Perhaps something else besides OCD? Like really sensitive personal things, because these things will make anybody at the end of their tether. Perhaps you should adress these things, because that could be cause of all of your distress right now.
Also, concentrating on other things, relating to people and getting out will break the cycle.
It might sounds stupid and impossible, but you could just do little things. Instead of concentrating on how many times you bathed, you'll just say to yourself afterwards "Fine, i did it. leave it at that, now i'll do something i really want, and not something that's being dictated to me". Whenever you it gets bad like this, and you're being really destructive, you do something you like, like a cup of coco or a movie, whatever. But slowly you'll feel how nice that it, and you don't WANT to do those obsessive things (i am quite aware that you will do it anyway), but that is when you can work on breaking them. But make yourself comfortable first. No man ever went to battle broken and won. You need to gather some strength first.
I would like to help you a little on the way, with a hug:)
I hope you're alright. Take care

Aviaja

Forgiveness 10-05-2010 08:57 AM

Re: angry!!!

hey there thanks for the positive words .I really appreciate it.Yes i do have many other problems.I was sexually abused as a teen ,ihave forgiven but it is harder to forget ,my family at the time was well aware but did nothing ,my mother and rest of my family does not have a close relationship with me,they would like to have one with me but i feel like i am llying to myself .I also have problems trusting and getting close to anyone. My relationship with my husband is on and of because of this.Thankyou for your reply ,trying to stay positive