It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

lexie333 HB User
Unhappy PLEASE someone help!!! ):

So i am driving myself and my husband crazy i have OCD but havent been treated for it yet but everyday i will start thinking about like After life, for ex. "what if we die and its just the end of us what if there is no god" and once i start thinking about stuff like that my brain will NOT stop to the point where i just break down i am also very scared of death people i love dieing it just makes me sick somedays and i just feel like i am alone and in my own world its making me so sad and depressed!! but can anyone help me tell me what i can do i am only 18 and i dont want to be like this at so young!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

meep591 HB User
Re: PLEASE someone help!!! ):

I hardly know anything about OCD. I don't have it. I do know that at 45 years old, I'm just coming out of a period that lasted a few months with those same intense fears about death and the possible finality of it and why can't we know anything more than what is right in front of us and why do human beings have to be cursed with the knowledge that they will die someday and why can't we be more like antelope and not KNOW. I went through the same thing at 5 years old, and at around 17-18 years old. I think its part of being human to an extent. I do have a history of dysthymia (mild depression) but I'm not sure it has anything to do with it. You wish someone could comfort you and no one can. However, if you have been diagnosed with OCD, and your thoughts are causing problems for you or your loved ones, maybe you ought to consider professional help, or a support group for OCD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

lexie333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep591 View Post
I hardly know anything about OCD. I don't have it. I do know that at 45 years old, I'm just coming out of a period that lasted a few months with those same intense fears about death and the possible finality of it and why can't we know anything more than what is right in front of us and why do human beings have to be cursed with the knowledge that they will die someday and why can't we be more like antelope and not KNOW. I went through the same thing at 5 years old, and at around 17-18 years old. I think its part of being human to an extent. I do have a history of dysthymia (mild depression) but I'm not sure it has anything to do with it. You wish someone could comfort you and no one can. However, if you have been diagnosed with OCD, and your thoughts are causing problems for you or your loved ones, maybe you ought to consider professional help, or a support group for OCD.
Thank you so much for trying to help me (: i just feel so alone and its nice to know that someone is kinda going through the same stuff i am going through.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
(female)

meep591 HB User

I wake up every morning with a sick feeling of dread, overwhelmed with all the bad things that can and do happen. I wish to god someone could help. I go to therapy. I take an antidepressant medication, and have done both of these things for years. But still those feelings come. I find that they dissipate once I get into my day. Things that help are keeping busy and active, therapy, I also have a support group for alcohol problems but in any support group you can talk such feelings out. Others have suggested to me that I join a church, but I was raised Catholic and am reluctant in the church arena. Helping out another person, volunteering, going to school, finding a job with work you enjoy (not so easy, I know)- these things help. I also go to my library and read alot of books written by physicists (Einstein and Newton both were trying to understand God and the Universe.) Some of the modern day physicists, like Steven Hawking, have written some interesting stuff that helps me to better understand the nature of the Universe, though they have no answers on God either, it helps to know that these brilliant people were also searching. It is God they sought to understand through their science and mathmatics. All of that said, if you have OCD, you may find that simply having your OCD treated brings you great relief. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

Forgiveness HB User
Smile Re: PLEASE someone help!!! ):

Hey there ,remember you are not alone ,this happens to all of us ,believe me when i say that everybody has some type of obsession ,unfortunately some of us cant cope with it as well .If it is becoming a hassle and interfering in your life and those around you ,then yes i would say talk to your local doctor and maybe take it from there.You will okay !Take care and let me know what happens

Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
(female)

meep591 HB User

I came back tonight to check how you are doing. Your post really touched me. I learned in my support group (AA) that when I'm really in need of comforting and can't find it, I could reach to out and try comfort someone else who needs it. This can do wonders and you really helped me. Thats what I was searching for when I found your post. Maybe this same tactic might help you out of this all to human struggle you're going through. This too will pass. You will see the sunlight again.

Closed Thread

Tags
ocd end of the world/ death