It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

tooclean HB User
I need to get a little dirty

I'm driving my husband nuts. I believe all the cleaning I do has a purpose and is logical, but I think it is time to stop for the sake of family peace.
Okay, in a nut shell this is me.

*We all change our clothes and clean up when we get home from wherever. We always wash hands when we come home and of course shoes are taken off.
*When I get home from the store, I wipe/wash everything I bought - such as groceries, decorations, toys... (I don't do crazy cleaning like wiping the inside the cereal box).
*All coats, purses, wallets etc, stay in the basement (they don't come upstairs).
*Cell phones are cleaned as soon as they come in the door.
*When people visit I am stressed out. I dread all the cleaning I have to do when they go. I want to ask them to please take their shoes off, put on slippers, wash their hands, leave their coats, purses, cell phones in their cars but I know they will think I am looney toons.

So that's me. I am embarrassed and a little confused. Embarrassed because I know my friends and family think I have a problem they just can't figure it out and I am obviously not normal. I'm confused because I believe I can justify each of my cleaning actions. We live in a world with a lot of disease, dirt, bacteria and germs and I simply want my home to be a sanctuary.
How do I stop stressing over the dirties that come through the door!?!?

Last edited by tooclean; 10-10-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
(female)

Forgiveness HB User
Re: I need to get a little dirty

Hello there ,Wow this is is exactly what i am expieriencing at this time .Yes i know about dirty shoes and wiping groceriesand my husband and children have to have a bath when we return from anywhere.But however there is hope .I have been forced to change my behaviour with certain things because it is effecting my health.My hands bleed from use of excess detergent,my chest is sore from breathing it in.I also have a problem with the amount of time i lose when i clean ,also the amout of water which is not good for us financialy and not to mention the enviroment.We have to change the way we think by,taking one behaviour at a time and changing it for eg the shoes can be moved to the garage,the groceries,,certain have to be washed like fruit and veg but the rest like ceareals and stuff can just be emptied in a container and thow away the box, i always wonder how do other people survive nothing happens to them if they put their sttuff away with out wiping it.It is also important to be exposed to a certain amount of germs ,to allow our bodies to adapt other if we clean all the time we can pick up germs and viruses that much faster because our bodies will not have been exposed to them.I found when i am at home i am fine but when i go out i always catch a cold .We can do do this one dy at a time for our loved ones and our selves.I have two

beautiful boys as well.Take cre forgiveness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

Forgiveness HB User
Re: I need to get a little dirty

Hey ther i know exactly what you are e going through i do the very sme things Yes my rrelationship with my husband gets straned as well because it takes a toll financially and it is also destroying my health.My fingers bleed andi have problems with my chest from breathing in the chemicals i use .But there is hope you and only you can change your behavior AT the moment i am trying a lot of things ,but the best waynto change it is to reverse the thought.I also have two boys and if they going to be free of my type of behavior and not be angry later in life ,i have to fight and for my own sanity
and thier well being .So i ask you please to consider that we can change this one behaviour and one day at a time.I tell myself that if i leave something dirty it will not kill me ,lately i have been trying to do it with one thing at a time and i survived.It will be ok ,WE willmake it .Take care .Just like you forgiveness there is HOPE!!

Closed Thread