It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

outofcontrol1 HB User
Help...OCD is affecting my daily life!!!

I feel wierd being on this site, but I don't know what to do anymore. First, I'm seeking counseling, but its not helping.

The problem...I have been diagnosed with OCD, depression and PTSD. The bigger problem is with obsession.

I am married. At one point, when we were dating, we broke up and he started talking someone else without telling me (not that he was supposed to tell me...we were broken up). The entire time he was trying to get me back. I feel like such a fool for not knowing what was going on.

I have the obsession to know everything about that relationship and her. I feel like he is lying to me about what really happened when they were "dating". It is ruining my life and my relationship. I should be so happy because we have a great life together. I want to know everything about this girl. I can't get it out of my head. If I try to talk to him or ask him questions about it, it starts a fight. That makes the obsession worse. I feel like he is not telling me because he just doesn't want to admit it. I keep telling myself if I find out the truth, I will let it go. That doesn't happen.

What do I do??????? All of this just makes me feel so low. I need someone that understands to respond. Please, no judgement. Help!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

mickeyluver HB User
Re: Help...OCD is affecting my daily life!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofcontrol1 View Post
I feel wierd being on this site, but I don't know what to do anymore. First, I'm seeking counseling, but its not helping.

The problem...I have been diagnosed with OCD, depression and PTSD. The bigger problem is with obsession.

I am married. At one point, when we were dating, we broke up and he started talking someone else without telling me (not that he was supposed to tell me...we were broken up). The entire time he was trying to get me back. I feel like such a fool for not knowing what was going on.

I have the obsession to know everything about that relationship and her. I feel like he is lying to me about what really happened when they were "dating". It is ruining my life and my relationship. I should be so happy because we have a great life together. I want to know everything about this girl. I can't get it out of my head. If I try to talk to him or ask him questions about it, it starts a fight. That makes the obsession worse. I feel like he is not telling me because he just doesn't want to admit it. I keep telling myself if I find out the truth, I will let it go. That doesn't happen.

What do I do??????? All of this just makes me feel so low. I need someone that understands to respond. Please, no judgement. Help!!!!!!!

Hi there

First off...did your doctor really diagnose you with OCD? Nothing has ever been and issue for you until after you were married and worried about their "dating" relationship? Im totally not judging you by any means, but hunny, I think you should try to lrt go of that and think of the man you have and have married and who loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with YOU!! If a fight breaks out after questioning him, its probably only because he is tired of the serveys from you and wants you to trust him and what he tells you about his past. I just dont think it should be an everydaything to think, worry, or even ask him about. It will FOR SURE break up a marriage in a heartbeat. Thats something you probably dont want or need (specially if you do have OCD) to think about about something terrible happening to you two. Im sure he is being 100% honest with his bride and you shouldnt worry or think about it. If you think about the PAST you cant move to the FUTURE and it will ruin the PRESENT. Keep that in mind and tell urself that daily....Good luck and keep us posted!! God bless you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread