It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

LilianaVale6 HB User
Unhappy Do I have OCD?

hello everyone. I'm new here and I haven't seeked any help yet. For years now I've been having thoughts that I would classify as wrong and immoral but they are also about things I know I would never ever do and afterwards I feel guilty about them and need to think of good things to counter them: thoughts related to violence, for example killing someone I love or hitting them, having sex with a family member or a child. After I have them I feel really bad about it and I have to concentrate hard to think about other things. I also have an obcession with even numbers: I eat my cereal in pairs or fours, will set the volume on electronic stuff in an even number. I have to sit in the left side of my parents car or I believe we will be in an accident and it will be my fault. When my parents go out in the car without me I obssess about them having a car crash and dying, sometimes I can't sleep thinking these things. I have to check the stove and lights repeatedly before going out or I'll think a fire will start and it will be my fault. I get obsessed about body parts: sometimes it is the back of my hair, other times it is my teeth, I am now very worried that my front teeth will fall off because I think they wobble slightly even though I've been to the dentist and they didn't detect anything wrong with them. Before going to bed I must check my closet and open it, then closing it and when in bed must look at it until the door crack seems to be just right. At the same time I have to turn the lights on and off in even times. Sometimes I also have to say something until it sounds just right and when I'm reading, if I get a word wrong in my mind I have to start the whole sentence. Sometimes after doing something I detect something wrong with it and start getting really worried about it untill the point i have to check it over and over again. Also every night when I go to sleep I make my father tell me to have a good night and sleep well or I can't sleep properly. The last thing is that I have to repeat a sentence in my mind every time I get a chill or i think something will happen to someone I love.
I'm worried that I might have ocd but I'm not sure... maybe it is just a mild case and doesn't need to be treated by a therapist? Btw, I'm 24 and english is not my native language so sorry for any mistake. thanks

Last edited by LilianaVale6; 11-05-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread