It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
(female)

Forgiveness HB User
I can not go on anymore!

Things are all going wrong rigthnnow ,i am not coping and i seriously am losing my battle .Nobody undersatands how desperate i am i am givien up hope that there is ever going to be a good outcome for me,this a last plea for help i dont know who else to turn to iam depressed and angry and i cant function anymore please help me!

The following user gives a hug of support to Forgiveness:
Searchin (11-08-2010)
Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: I can not go on anymore!

What are you depressed and angry about? Of course depression and anger go hand in hand. What seems to be the problem? Be descriptive please...Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
(female)

Forgiveness HB User

Everything in my life does not seem to work my ocd is out of control and i have no support ,my marriage is stressed out ,the house that i live in has becme my prison ,i sometimes dont go out for weeks ,no matter what i do i am always fearful and unhappy.We are also in a financial crisis right now .I want to move but we can not afford it.The area that i live at right now it is dangerous to go out alone and i cant handle the garbage dump and the insect and recently asewage problem in the simplex i live at sent me over the edge.THere does not seem to be an end to insidents that i cant not handle.My husband and i fight constantly,we dont even share the same bedroom.when will i have peace of mind!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Forgiveness
BEXIE (03-14-2011), Misssty (11-12-2010), Searchin (11-09-2010)
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
(female)

Someone Help Me HB User

What's going on? Why are you feeling depressed and angry?

Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

It seems as if everything hits at once! In our marriage we sometimes tend to blame one another rather than try to come to a solution together. Do you and your husband have any feelings left for one another? Is there anwhere you can go to ask for some financial assistance? You do have a lot to cope with right now. I think it would help if you continue to vent here...searchin

Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
(female)

Seetheforest HB User

Are you on medication? Are you seeing anyone (psychiatrist, etc.)?

If not, can you?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

I notice you live in South Africa...Wow....
I'm sorry you are going thru all this stuff. I have had a bad year also..when I read your post, I could feel exactly what you are feeling. I totally understand..Add two bad adult kids (my kids) always in trouble with the law....I never get a good nights sleep..always waiting for the next BAD thing to happen. I like when you said...when will I get a break.
Can you run away from it all by yourself?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
(female)

Forgiveness HB User

Thank you fornyour understanding and kind words.I am sorry to hear of your situation as well.I am trying very hard to be strong esppecially for my kids who are only14 and 5,so no trouble so far.My husband hopefully will come round.Wish you happiness and peace.Forgiveness

Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
(female)

Forgiveness HB User

HEY there , no i am not on medication ,i am off meds for five years and cant afford p[rofessional help.I have been on meds and i felt like a zombie,so i dont want to go back.Thank you for caring forgiveness

Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
(male)

Chris516 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiveness View Post
Everything in my life does not seem to work my ocd is out of control and i have no support ,my marriage is stressed out ,the house that i live in has becme my prison ,i sometimes dont go out for weeks ,no matter what i do i am always fearful and unhappy.We are also in a financial crisis right now .I want to move but we can not afford it.The area that i live at right now it is dangerous to go out alone and i cant handle the garbage dump and the insect and recently asewage problem in the simplex i live at sent me over the edge.THere does not seem to be an end to insidents that i cant not handle.My husband and i fight constantly,we dont even share the same bedroom.when will i have peace of mind!
You need to be in psychotherapy and, under psychopharmcological care.

I am not saying you need to be in the hospital, by any means. I am also not saying this out belligerence or ignorance. I am saying this out of thinking a lot about my fiance's OCD.

An analogy of sorts would be, that

You need to become the horse n' take the OCD for a ride. Not becoming the jockey and, the OCD taking you for a ride.

At present our OCD has free reign of your life, instead of you having free reign of your OCD.

Your husband, also needs to be your advocate, not your adversary.

Last edited by Chris516; 11-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #11
(female)

Forgiveness HB User

HEy there , i totally understand but cant afford proffesional help right now.I have been for a self help course and i have good friends but when you have ocd most people find it hard to understand the behaviour ,i am trying meditation as it is big in my hindu religon ,it has been helping me ,and my kids pull me through as well ,they inspire me and make me realise i have to try for me and also them.Thank you for caring ,much appreciated.Forgivenessl

Closed Thread