It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

bdb07 HB User
help

Hey everyone,

I recently read Rewind, Replay, Repeat. I could not put it down. I was in awe as to how I could literally put myself in his place as I have experiences the exact same nature of his obsessions.

I am struggling getting through other books, and I am feeling rather ashamed. I have most of them. Freedom From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is currently being used as a leg stand for my daughter's play saucer, Brainlock is lost somewhere in the house. I recently stumbled on Imp of the Mind this morning. I started reading, and it was the same thing as all the other books. As soon as I get to the chapter or section about when you should worry about your thoughts, I get scared and stop reading.

For example this morning I read that very section. It says you should be concerned if you do not get upset about these thoughts. I went through my six year history with this disease, all my depression, crying, panic, etc. Then it hit me "what if you aren't really upset about these thoughts, what if they are you."

The next part said you should be concerned if you have intense anger towards someone. I got more scared. A lot of my violent obsessions are towards someone or a person related to someone I have had a conflict with. The lady on my block, the child of a teacher a few years back. So it hit me again "what if you have this intense anger"?

The last part talked about hallucinations and voices. Again, "what if you hear voices"?

I feel like I am ready to fight this disease with everything I have. I have all the tools, but I can't seem to get past setbacks like this. Why can't I just realize that I have a mental illness, I have had it since my early 20's, and if I need to just deal with uncertainty. Maybe I do hear voices, so what. Should I take on that approach?

Can anyone relate or give me some advice on how to deal with these setbacks? I don't want reassurance, I want to learn how to be strong.

I know the truth is a am good person and would never hurt anyone. I am 29 years old and have been in one fight my entire life. I threw one punch and broke my hand. Sure wen I was a young boy I maybe teased a few dogs. But I never physically hurt them. And know here I am, searching on the internet about definitions of animal abuse (what a loser i am)

I know the truth is a am good person and would never hurt anyone. I am 29 years old and have been in one fight my entire life. I threw one punch and broke my hand. Sure wen I was a young boy I maybe teased a few dogs. But I never physically hurt them. And know here I am, searching on the internet about definitions of animal abuse (what a loser i am)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

jamee44 HB User
Re: help

I am also 29 and I have been diagnosed with OCD. I haven't read any books about the illness and after reading your post I may not. I don't want to feel worse about this mental illness then I already do.

I'm going to write more I just want to reply now so you know someone is reading and responding.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
(female)

jamee44 HB User

Have you met with a pdoc before?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
(male)

bdb07 HB User

Yes, I have several times. I am on medication

Closed Thread