It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

scaredgirl1 HB User
ocd thoughts about wanting to die?

I have been suffering from anxiety n depression. My psych didn't mention ocd. But if any of u saw my previous posts I think I may have ocd. Lately I have been consumed with thoughts of wanting to die. I could never actually commit suicide nor do I really want to. I'm actually scared of dying. Is this my depression or could this be ocd related? When these thoughts come I am immediately filled with anxiety after. These thoughts scare me n I want them to stop.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
(female)

inGODitrust HB User
Re: ocd thoughts about wanting to die?

Trust me these are just thoughts i went through almost my entire childhood having these thoughts on and off. i didnt know when they were coming or when my obsession over them would begin.....like if i was watching the news or something and it said someone had die or someone had killed themselves i would not be able to stop thinking about it...i would dwell on it for a while from anywere to days or to months. But please just remember these thoughts are not real and i can almost 100% assure you that you will not do this. In my case all off my anxious thoughts were things that i knew deep down i never wanted them to happen and knew i wouldnt do them but my mind couldnt help but say what if this , what if that its very hard to deal with in the moment but trust me these thoughts will go away just give it a little bit of time and your mind will litterally get tired of dwelling on it i know you feel helpless right now but just hang in there and please remember your not alone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread