It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

jmacintosh HB User
Exclamation Having disturbing thoughts...feeling like I am insane. Please help

I started talking Seraquel to help me sleep and to reduce my anxiety, but instead of doing what is supposed to I find that my intrusive thoughts have gotten 100 times worse. These thoughts have me questioning who I am. Everytime I go to laugh or smile I feel like I can't because I think I am a bad all due these thought. Is this normal for this medication?

Last edited by jmacintosh; 12-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
(female)

TrueEssence HB User
Re: Having disturbing thoughts...feeling like I am insane. Please help

The only side effect that I had when taking Seraquel was the severe drowsiness. For the first three days it knocked me on my butt. My husband had to get me up even to eat. after that I slept 18 hours a day. Going into it, I was already in a bad place so my thoughts were bad to begin with, and I can't remember if it worsened or not. I know how hard Intrusive thoughts can be on a person. my best advice is to tell your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

sorry I couldn't help out much

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueEssence For This Useful Post:
jmacintosh (10-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Having disturbing thoughts...feeling like I am insane. Please help

Some drugs react differently in different people. Some meds can increase symptoms before leveling out. You really do need to put a call in to the doctor and let someone there know what is going on. If it does not improve I would stop the med until I could get in to see the doctor. He/She may want to make you an inpatient to monitor you better. If you have any thoughts of harming yourself please stop the medication immediately. Sincerely, searchin

The Following User Says Thank You to Searchin For This Useful Post:
jmacintosh (10-20-2011)
Closed Thread