It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

hwoods86 HB User
Treatment

Hey everyone, I recently have been put on a low dose of Prozac for my potential OCD (potential because I have not been to a psychologist, but the doctor perscribed it because he believes its bad enough to be classified as one). Basically I pull out my eyebrows, and eye lashes....constantly. Its worse when I am stress, but being in the final stretch of university, and working at the same time, stress is a constant.

I know that it takes 4-6 weeks sometimes for the drugs to kick in, but since being on them, it seems that its worse than ever. Currently I have no eye brows left, but am not touching my eye lashes which is good I guess.

I was just wondering what other people's experiences have been with this type of OCD and/or treatment. I have tried behavioural changes, trying to redirect the anxiety but so far, nothing has helped. Just looking for some advice. Its been going on for 6 years, and its time I get this under control.

Closed Thread